October Weirdness

 This week had its ups and down. All the kids had projects due that we had to spend some major time working on- especially Jack. Tanner helped Jack get his dolphin diorama done and I was able to watch his dolphin presentation. He did great!


Tanner and I started wearing our glucose monitors for Ray’s science project and my glucose is always so low. It’s annoying. The alarm is constantly beeping at me. Especially during the night so I can’t sleep! And Ella has a book report due and we need to decorate a pumpkin to look like the character… ughh.

Rayleigh has really been complaining about her arm hurting. I took her home early on Monday and on Tuesday, she had a sub who wouldn’t let her go to the nurse (because of her arm hurting) so she came down to get me on a bathroom break. She got in huge trouble for that and I’m so angry at that sub!!!
Wednesday I stayed to watch Jack’s presentation and we had a fire drill right after he was done. As I was walking to the field with everyone, people kept asking me if Ray was ok. Apparently she’d been bawling. She had a different sub that day but she was so kind and sweet with Ray. Thursday, I let Ray stay home with Jack who wasn’t feeling well because right before we left for school, I got some super rude and demeaning texts from her teacher. I cried when I spoke with the school counselor. Why can’t her teacher just be KIND???? On Friday, Ray missed principal’s recess because she was “disruptive and overly emotional” with the subs. Never once did she ask if Ray was ok.
Tanner took her to urgent care for her arm but the x ray tech was gone so I took her for an x ray on Wednesday and got the results on Thursday when I had to take Jack in for a sore throat. Both kids were fine. They just need some Motrin and TLC.

Wednesday, Mufaddel brought the cutest birthday present to Ray in the morning! After school, I brought Lincoln and Harper home and it was such a joy having them over! I made a spooky snack and they played and did a craft before we all went to Baskin Robbin’s for the school fundraiser. We ran into a bunch of friends and even got to get our ice cream scooped by Mrs. Kliss!

Thursday, I was so glad we could visit my mom and dad after MCO. It was just what my broken little heart needed. I’m so thankful for my amazing parents and all of the love and support they constantly offer me!

Friday, it was work/school/swim and pizza/movie night! Just what we needed!

Saturday morning was a solar eclipse which reminded me of the day I brought Ella home from the hospital. I then forced everyone to library hop in OC to collect In n Out reading logs which was so fun. We loved walking around the Laguna Beach Library and exploring the fairy garden and they even let me walk through my favorite store: Tuvalu. We met my parents at BJs for spooky pizzookies. (They were out of the spooky so it was just pizzookie) and then ran to goodwill to pick up supplies for a Halloween painting craft. The kids did so well! I’m so happy with the way their art turned out! So fun! It was a good day and just what I needed.

Sunday, Tanner taught a great lesson about finding joy. We had a great discussion as a family while we ate chicken n rice about how we can find joy even when going through hard time. We talked about the hard times each of us is currently going through. Tanner: money. Chan: friends. Parker: responsibility Ray: school Jack: Parker Ella: nothing. When we focus on Christ and put Him first, we can have joy even during hard times. We do this by waking up and praying, doing come follow me. Choosing to listen to uplifting music, watching good content. Doing kind things for others. And expressing gratitude.

I know I can be better about saying more meaningful prayers, listening to gospel music, and thinking kind thoughts about myself and others.

After dinner we watched ET, sat in the hot tub, and had a snuggly day. The kids have been super into watching Dr. Pimple Popper before bed which is weird. I think Ray is going to be a doctor when she grows up and I want to support her in all the ways I can!

I am hopeful for a better week to come! I’m looking forward to my trip to Texas with Angel! Let’s goooo!




Erika brought Ray a birthday treat from the Primary

Cute artwork I found in the library made by Ray

Jack's first attempt at his dolphin diorama ha ha



Ray escaped from her dreadful teacher to be with me and I took her to the doctor for an X ray










































Kim had homecoming and she looks gorgeous!

Jill sent me an Edible Arrangement to say sorry for being a terrible friend. So that was nice!




Comments