Lake Arrowhead Relief Society Retreat

This weekend I was able to attend a Relief Society Retreat in Lake Arrowhead. I was really looking forward to it until I found out at the last minute that Haley, April, and Erika were coming up, too. This week has been rough because Jill reached out to me and asked if anything was wrong and I felt like the right thing to do was to finally tell her the truth. It was brutal. It was so hard because I knew what I needed to say to her way going to hurt her but I couldn't keep holding it in anymore. She, of course, was so kind and a little defensive. She's really trying to be a better more inclusive and caring friend. She's been reaching out more often and even sent me an Edible Arrangement. Haley, Erika, and April have been reaching out more too which just shows me that they all talk about me behind my back. But thats ok. I feel like I have closure now and can better tend to my boundary. I want them to go out and have fun with each other without me feeling left out and hurt. I want to focus on what I can control and who my real, true friends are. 
That being said, this weekend in Lake Arrowhead was actually really nice. We stayed at a friend's giant cabin. It was beautiful and perfectly appointed with everything we needed and more. I stopped by Crumbl to get cookies from Parker and drove up with Cheryl, Laura, Valerie, and Denise. It was a fun drive up chatting and catching up. When we arrived, dinner was ready and we enjoyed some yummy homemade tacos. We of course had Crumbl for dessert which everyone devoured and then we played a get to know you game, a spiritual thought, and did a craft. We saw outside for hours talking under the stars and everyone was very nice.
We finally came inside intending to go to bed but everyone just kept talking and playing games. Thankfully, April, Haley, and Erika left and I slept on some bunk beds with Cheryl and Denise. Valerie, Liz, and Rashelle stayed up until 3am doing a puzzle! 
The next morning, we had a yummy breakfast, cleaned up and went home. I think we are all a little more bonded than we were before and I'm thankful for that. I want to go up and visit Lake Arrowhead again this winter! It was so beautiful!

When I got home, the kids and I (and Tanner) cleaned the house and had a movie night. I wanted to go down to the beach but Tanner talked me out of that. Every party has a pooper!
But I was able to take Parker to a fireside in Mission Viejo on Sunday and go see Emily's new baby girl, Capri! Oh, she is just the most darling little thing. I'm so glad I got to meet her at 10 days old! Tanner brought Parker to Doheny on Saturday morning for an MCO retreat and my mom picked him up and he spent the night with my parents. He went to church with them the next morning and blessed the sacrament. They were so proud!

It was a good weekend.





















 

Comments