'Twas the Week Before Halloween
The day after I got home from Texas was the kids’ primary program. They did SO well and the whole program was superb. The kids knew their parts and sang beautifully and the best part was having Nanny and Bebo there! One funny thing happened when Ray was reading her part (which we never practiced, whoops) and she said “presidential revelation” instead of personal revelation. We got a good chuckle out of that.
My parents stayed for dinner and we had a wonderful time with them. I’m so grateful for their endless love and support. They make everything better! We had the sister missionaries come over, too, and by the end of the day, we were all a little exhausted.
But I was determined to make this week full of Halloween fun!
On Monday, we spent all day at Disneyland and California Adventure. We rode Guardians of the Galaxy twice- once before sundown and again when it turned into Monsters After Dark. Ray was so sad at the end of the day when Jack was tall enough to ride Autopia alone but she was NOT- even in heels! She cried and said she just wanted to be big. I explained to her that this is probably her last core memory of being a big kid before she turns into a young lady. Her next growth spurt will probably be accompanied with puberty. Sweet, little darling…
Disneyland was SO fun and I’m so happy to spend big full fun days there with my children.
Tuesday was my first day before after my trip to Texas and it was so good seeing everyone again! Mrs. Kliss is seriously the BEST teacher ever. I caught Ella in the halls comforting a sweet friend who was hurt and crying. So proud of my compassionate kids.
We had early out all week for Parent Teacher Conerences. I was SO nervous for Ray’s conference because her teacher has been such a witch. Tanner was able to join us for conferences and all went well. All 3 teachers complained that the kids talk to much. But their grades are right on track! I still need to muster the courage to talk to the principal and Ray’s teacher about how demeaning and condescending she can be to her students- especially Ray. The principal called a meeting with every student at the school who has a mom working at Rondo and talked to them about being leaders and not contacting their mom’s during the school day. I’m pretty upset he didn’t talk to his mothers first… so I need to wrap my brain around all of this.
The girls got to dress up at dance and Jack enjoyed swim. Parker had mutual and I had an RS meeting that evening but Tanner was home and the kids worked on a Haunted Gingerbread House. We all slept really well that night.
Wednesday, after school, we played at the park for Mia G’s birthday party. I’m still struggling with feeling included with my old friends but it was a nice time. The kids had swim and then we booked it up to Pumpkin Rock. Luckily, Tanner was able to join us but we literally had to run up the trail because the sun was going down. It was easy for the kids, hard for me, and Tanner barely made it. But, we got up, enjoyed the view, took some pictures, and grabbed McDonald’s for dinner. The kids took boo baths before bed and we continued reading the Haunted Mansion books.
Thursday, we listened to Roald Dahl’s The Witches as we went about our day finding some Halloween fun! We stopped by Irvine Park Railroad and I realized that if I got a ticket for my kids to do all of the activities there, it would cost me $378. We thoroughly enjoyed all of the FREE activities and called it good after about an hour. We stopped by Trader Joe’s for pumpkins and treats and then went to my parents for dinner. They were still at the temple so it was a quick, quiet stop. But I helped Ella finish up her pumpkin project for her book report. (Not my favorite thing to do, but it turned out pretty good). The kids had MCO which we all love and we went to the OC Great Park on our way home. It’s been on my list for YEARS to ride on the big Jack-o-lantern balloon and this year, we finally did it! We had to wait for 2 hours and the kids played at the playground and made friends while we waited for our turn. We were cold and tired by the time it was our turn to ride. It was kinda scary! But we did it and it was a fun memory. We got home so late and Chip had pooped all over the house. I was NOT happy.
Friday was greatly anticipated. I was READY for the weekend. It’s been fun in kinder doing all kinds of festive Halloween activities. After school, we brought Ella’s friend, Sophia, over for a play date. She’s the best. They played while I cleaned and washed sheets and did laundry because this week has been full of fun and not much cleaning. After Sophia went home, the kids had a super fun swim party on the pool deck! They played games in the pool for an hour and then were able to go around the pool deck where parents had set up fun booths with games and prizes. There was also pizza which was awesome. The kids were exhausted by Friday night and we were able to snuggle up and sleep well.
We are looking for a fun filled weekend and some of us can’t wait for all of the candy! (Spoiler alert: not me)
My parents stayed for dinner and we had a wonderful time with them. I’m so grateful for their endless love and support. They make everything better! We had the sister missionaries come over, too, and by the end of the day, we were all a little exhausted.
But I was determined to make this week full of Halloween fun!
On Monday, we spent all day at Disneyland and California Adventure. We rode Guardians of the Galaxy twice- once before sundown and again when it turned into Monsters After Dark. Ray was so sad at the end of the day when Jack was tall enough to ride Autopia alone but she was NOT- even in heels! She cried and said she just wanted to be big. I explained to her that this is probably her last core memory of being a big kid before she turns into a young lady. Her next growth spurt will probably be accompanied with puberty. Sweet, little darling…
Disneyland was SO fun and I’m so happy to spend big full fun days there with my children.
Tuesday was my first day before after my trip to Texas and it was so good seeing everyone again! Mrs. Kliss is seriously the BEST teacher ever. I caught Ella in the halls comforting a sweet friend who was hurt and crying. So proud of my compassionate kids.
We had early out all week for Parent Teacher Conerences. I was SO nervous for Ray’s conference because her teacher has been such a witch. Tanner was able to join us for conferences and all went well. All 3 teachers complained that the kids talk to much. But their grades are right on track! I still need to muster the courage to talk to the principal and Ray’s teacher about how demeaning and condescending she can be to her students- especially Ray. The principal called a meeting with every student at the school who has a mom working at Rondo and talked to them about being leaders and not contacting their mom’s during the school day. I’m pretty upset he didn’t talk to his mothers first… so I need to wrap my brain around all of this.
The girls got to dress up at dance and Jack enjoyed swim. Parker had mutual and I had an RS meeting that evening but Tanner was home and the kids worked on a Haunted Gingerbread House. We all slept really well that night.
Wednesday, after school, we played at the park for Mia G’s birthday party. I’m still struggling with feeling included with my old friends but it was a nice time. The kids had swim and then we booked it up to Pumpkin Rock. Luckily, Tanner was able to join us but we literally had to run up the trail because the sun was going down. It was easy for the kids, hard for me, and Tanner barely made it. But, we got up, enjoyed the view, took some pictures, and grabbed McDonald’s for dinner. The kids took boo baths before bed and we continued reading the Haunted Mansion books.
Thursday, we listened to Roald Dahl’s The Witches as we went about our day finding some Halloween fun! We stopped by Irvine Park Railroad and I realized that if I got a ticket for my kids to do all of the activities there, it would cost me $378. We thoroughly enjoyed all of the FREE activities and called it good after about an hour. We stopped by Trader Joe’s for pumpkins and treats and then went to my parents for dinner. They were still at the temple so it was a quick, quiet stop. But I helped Ella finish up her pumpkin project for her book report. (Not my favorite thing to do, but it turned out pretty good). The kids had MCO which we all love and we went to the OC Great Park on our way home. It’s been on my list for YEARS to ride on the big Jack-o-lantern balloon and this year, we finally did it! We had to wait for 2 hours and the kids played at the playground and made friends while we waited for our turn. We were cold and tired by the time it was our turn to ride. It was kinda scary! But we did it and it was a fun memory. We got home so late and Chip had pooped all over the house. I was NOT happy.
Friday was greatly anticipated. I was READY for the weekend. It’s been fun in kinder doing all kinds of festive Halloween activities. After school, we brought Ella’s friend, Sophia, over for a play date. She’s the best. They played while I cleaned and washed sheets and did laundry because this week has been full of fun and not much cleaning. After Sophia went home, the kids had a super fun swim party on the pool deck! They played games in the pool for an hour and then were able to go around the pool deck where parents had set up fun booths with games and prizes. There was also pizza which was awesome. The kids were exhausted by Friday night and we were able to snuggle up and sleep well.
We are looking for a fun filled weekend and some of us can’t wait for all of the candy! (Spoiler alert: not me)
I love when this little cutie spends time pretend playing in her room. She's the cutest.
My mom sent me this picture of when I was in a ballet recital in 1st grade!
Ella and Sophia
I love that Ray gets to see the counselor now. There is NO downside!
Primary Parts:
Ray: One of my favorite primary songs is “I Love to See the Temple”. In my family, we serve in the temple a lot. My grandparents work in the Newport Beach temple on Thursdays, and my big brother Parker performs baptisms for the dead every Friday morning in the Redlands temple. Even though I don’t get to go inside the temple yet, I definitely love to SEE it! One word we use to describe Christ is “counselor”. My parents love to go to the temple to counsel with the Lord and receive personal revelation. Whether we go inside the temple or think about going inside SOMEDAY, the temple helps us “think celestial” just like President Nelson has asked us.
Ella Peterson, “I can follow Jesus’ example by saying my prayers and serving others.”
Jack Peterson, “Jesus taught us that the scriptures are important. It is one way our Heavenly Father speaks to us.”
















































































Comments