Rayleigh's 10th Birthday at Great Wolf Lodge

 For Rayleigh’s 10th birthday this year, we planned to go to Great Wolf Lodge with all of her friends instead of doing a party. It worked out perfectly and she had a great time!

We left after conference on Sunday and of course there was a medical emergency in the parking lot right when we got there. What a birthday for Ray without a stranger’s medical emergency. 

We got checked into our adorable Wolf Den room and the kids were so excited. We met up with our besties immediately and swam until the pool closed. Tanner and Parker could only hang for a few minutes and bailed pretty quickly. But I made cupcakes for Ray and we sang happy birthday to her and she opened some gifts. It was so fun!! I took Ella and the other firsties trick or treating and we got our Jammie’s on and tried to make it to the lobby in time for the dance party. We slept pretty good that night and woke up excited for another fun filled day.

We got inside the water park right when it opened at 10am after eating breakfast and packing up all of our stuff and putting it in the car. I brought a big bag of snacks for the kids to eat throughout the day and I don’t think Ray stopped even once for something to eat. She hit it HARD for 10 straight hours! At one point she slipped on the stairs and Mufaddel ran to get me. She was being doted on by a thing wearing, faked boobed blond and I had to fight the urge to take a picture to show Tanner. It was hilarious. The medical team was assessing her and she was crying pretty badly. She had a pulse ox on but she was ok. I carried her to our stuff and they came by and gave her $20 to spend at the gift shop and $20 for the arcade. We went and spent her money (she got a neck pillow) and played 7 rounds of skee ball to get 4 tootsie rolls and a fun dip. After that, she felt much better. 

She went up and down those stairs SO many times- I’m in awe of her energy! Towards the end of the day, Ella dragged me onto some of the big slides and they were pretty fun, actually! We cruised the lazy river and braved the wave pool. And let me tell you, Ray DOMINATED the flow rider. She hopped on that board like it was NOTHING. I was so proud of her!
We shut the place down and grabbed some McDonald’s Mcflurries on our way out. Ray was decked out in her most comfiest attire and was soooo happy.

We were able to celebrate with 6 families: 4 4th graders, 4 3rd graders, 1 second grader, and 4 1st graders. I’m so thankful for this village!

The next day was Ray's actual birthday and it was back to school for us all. Tanner got the kids Krispy Kremes for breakfast and some cute birthday balloons. We brought cupcakes and I was able to visit her class and have everyone sing to her. Her teacher is VERY awkward and I feel so badly that Ray has to deal with her every day. But her friends were super sweet and Ray was so happy. After school we had swim and got Wendy's with our traditional large chocolate Frosty for the birthday girl. On Thursday, we stopped by my parents after MCO and my mom gave Ray a cute little axolotl necklace.

Ray has so many people in her life who love her. She is kind, compassionate, and a go getter. When she sets her mind to something, she will find a way to accomplish her goal. She loves taking care of people and isn't afraid of a little blood or danger. Most things that would scare a child or be too hard, are not for Ray. She makes things look easy and she loves to perform and be on stage. To this day, I will look at her and start to cry. My love for her is so strong and so deep, it brings me to my knees. She is tremendously special and I'm so proud to be her mother. I think this year might be a little bit of a struggle with her awful teacher and growing up. But I know she will be successful because she is extraordinary. I love you so much Rayleigh Kae. More than you will ever, ever know!!!!




























































Battle Wounds









Comments