Back to School in September

 School is going so great for everyone so far. I have such a wonderful, adorable class this year which makes coming to work easy and enjoyable. Rayleigh is loving her 6th grade teacher and is getting along great with her friends. She’s stepping up as a leader, a role in which she thrives, and she excels when she’s asked to speak in front of the school. Jacks friends seem to be struggling a little more than he is. I never hear a complaint out of him besides the occasional, “can I just homeschool, I don’t wanna go to school.” He’s wowing his band teacher with his trombone skills and staying consistent with the piano too. He’s on a mission lately to make money and has been going to the park to sell juice and cookies. He’s made a friend and is very motivated. I can see why, too, because the last time he sold at the park, he made over $180 in less than 2 hours!

Ella is our little fashionista but cannot for the life of her keep her room clean. She wanted to switch out her earrings on Sunday but that proved to be a HUGE mistake. She was NOT ready and after I pulled it off, it took over a hour to get it back in. I’m pretty sure she’s traumatized now. She is a sweet friend to everyone and thankfully, at the moment, has no drama in her social life. I love volunteering in her class on wedneadays- they are my favorite class on campus. She is leveling up in piano, singing non stop, and really into soccer and playing with her team!

I’m on the soccer fields 4 nights a week and I’m loving the opportunity to walk, get a little workout in, and listen to my book. Sometimes Tanner comes with me and we can talk. We did that last week when tragedy struck in the news. Charlie Kirk was assassinated at UVU. We all knew someone who was there, like Audrey, and it was an event that shook our country. Even over a million people took to the streets in England to shed light on the horrific event. The next day was 9/11 and though that day, 24 years ago, was traumatic, I love how we honor our hero’s and come together as a nation to “never forget”. We had a beautiful assembly at school and Ray helped give a moving speech in front of everyone.

The assassination really shook Parker. There were graphic videos online immediately following his death and Parker was not ok. Thankfully, he started working in the temple the next day- a place where he is guaranteed to rest find rest from his worries and peace in Christ. Parker is doing great at work, preparing for his mission, and anxiously awaiting the day Emerald comes home. He spends his weekends with Nanny and Bebo and what more could you ask for in your adult son???

Speaking of weekends, they have been full of soccer games and relaxing. I was able to attend Abby’s baby shower in San Clemente at a beautiful home over looking the ocean. It was so lovely and so fun being there with my mom. All of Lisa’s married kids are expecting babies at the exact same time and it’s just the most precious and adorable thing. Being around them boosts my mood and brings so much light to my life- nothing can compare!

Ray had a stake mutual activity at Huntington Beach. We were poorly prepared without swimsuits, chairs, sweatshirts, or snacks. BUT, we showed up and she had a good time. We roasted smores and they had a little devotional which was nice. I talked with Erika for a while and she told me about a lacrosse camp that Rayleigh could join, so I signed her up!

We had Angel and her boys over to celebrate her birthday on Saturday September 13th. You’d be proud of me because it was Jill’s birthday and I texted her to wish her a happy birthday. Go me! Tanner and I ran errands that morning and delivered Crumbl cookies to all of the other people in the ward who share that same birthday. SERVICE! We got Slurpees and lottery tickets from 7-11- it was $2 BYO cup day. We also went to Bath and Body Works and scored 2 fall candles for free! Anyhoo, so Angel came over after Jack’s soccer game and we made home made pizzas! It was so yummy! We swam and sat in the hot tub and the kids played night games and it was just the best ever. I love that Luis is cool now and we could spend time together.

I think one of my favorite days was Sunday when we moved the couch (and cleaned and vacuumed under and around it) and set up the projector. We sat for HOURS, ate snacks, and watched shows. It was glorious. I read my book (The Nurse’s Secret) and it was a perfectly relaxing day.

Life never seems to slow down but at least it’s a GOOD life. I keep telling myself that I give and I give and I give and sometimes I feel DONE. And then I say, “It’s ok that I schedule time with my friends or for women’s retreats or weekends away with friends because I put my family first 90% of the time. And, hopefully they know that I'd choose them again and again because they mean more to me than anything in the world. 




































































Comments