Random Thoughts

I've had a few things on my mind and so I thought I'd share it with you. I'm sorry if I sound a bit complainy at times. Bare with me.


1) Do new Mom's ever get used to people asking them if they're pregnant? Should it bother me this much when people rub their stomachs and say "Oh! Are you expecting?" Ummm, no. As you can see my baby is only 9 months old and as much as I would like to be pregnant, I'm not. I just look like I am. Yes, that there is just a large collection of fat due to the fact that I just recently had a baby... by C section... that got infected... and I couldn't nurse but tried by all my might to do whatever I could to get my milk up... including eating an extra 500 calories a day. You live and you learn right? So why do I feel like I have to tell everyone that asks me if I'm pregnant the reason why I'm not and my whole life story? It's really none of anyone's business right? I mean, it's a personal thing but I feel so caught off guard! My mom says I should just say, "No, I'm not expecting, but it could happen any day!" And I guess that's really the truth without the details...


2) So, I'm the primary song leader in our ward and due to the fact that our new ward boundaries exclude many neighborhoods with children and include 60% of a retirement community in Laguna Hills, there are only 15 kids in the primary. Half of them are big kids that could care less about singing, and half of them are so young that they have a hard time learning the songs or even keeping it together enough to sing, or look at me, or sit in their chairs, or be quiet... So for those 15 minuted each week I feel like the worst song leader in the world. I'm nervous and I sweat and worst of all I feel like I'm singing TO the kids instead of with them. Granted, there are a few kids who really sing out and are great and the leaders of course are awesome... I guess all I can do is prepare my music lessons and do the best I can do each week... but don't be lined up to come see our primary program! :-)


3) I just finished New Moon, the third Twilight book by Stephanie Meyer! Oh my gosh! I'm obsessed! I read an article in Time Magazine this week that put into words exactly what I want to say about this book! "People do not want to just read Meyer's book; they want to climb inside and live there."She said in the article " I really think that's the underlying metaphor of my vampires, it doesn't matter where you're stuck in life or what you think you have to do; you can always choose something else. There's always a different path." Like the Cullens choice to be "vegiterian". "The Twilight books are squeaky, geeky clean on the surface, but right below it, they are absolutely, deliciously filthy." Yes, they are! Can't wait for number 4!


Ok, I think that's it. Sorry for all my ranting and raving!

Comments

Allred Family said…
I know what you mean, Someone asked me if i was pregnant Sunday at church, yes I have a belly I just had THIS Baby 6 weeks ago!!!Idiots they just dont think before they speak!!!!
That is so sad about your primary, here in mormon infested utah there are TOOOO many kids, Caleb is in 1 of the 4 sunbeam classes!!!!!
IT'S WAY TOOO CRAZY
And about the twilight books, I am dying to read them, but after i found out the last book will be out in august I decided to just wait, so I can read all 4 in like a day!!!! I HATE waiting for the sequel's to come out!!!!
WOW sorry that was a little bit long.....:) Love you guys
Perry Family said…
I'm sure you don't look pregnant, but don't worry...I think that happens to everyone at some point. From your pictures, you look quite beautiful to me:) And good luck with leading the primary in songs, they need someone so spunky like you to help them feel the spirit through music each week. You seem like the perfect person for that calling!
And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Stephenie Meyer...the Twilight series is the best!! # 4 is almost here!! I hate the wait! She has a new book called The Host coming out May 6th, so I'll have to read that to get my fix in the mean time:)
The Turnarounds said…
The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow! And so will book #4 right!!! :)
Mathie Fam said…
Oh Chan! You are wonderful! Hey.. I am the primary chorister in my ward too. I have about 35 kids. I have tonz of resources to help me out. If you would like some..email me or let me know somehow! I am sure you are doing a wonderful job! The main resource I use in in yahoo groups. If you want more info...you know where to find me--and keep going--cuz you're doing great
Anonymous said…
Wow ~ I didn't know you were reading Stephanie Meyer's books. We just listened to the first part of the first book on our way to Boise this last weekend. Even Montel is continueing to read it. Kaitlin wasn't with us so she isn't as obsessed as the rest of us. Kassidy and Grandpa are further ahead than I am but I'm sure enjoying my ride to and from work as I listen to the booK.
Kim