Santa and The Lights at Temple Square
We are a little slow at updating our blog lately. Life is busy! The days fly by so much faster when you are working every afternoon! It's been rough on me to leave my little Parker everyday, I think I've cried every day for about the past 3 weeks. But we are all getting used to this new life and my job really is a blast! I feel so blessed to have a great job working with great people. I guided my first surgery on Friday and it was awesome! But onto more festive things...
Last weekend we attended our Ward's Christmas party and guess who showed up??? SANTA!!!!! I know him! lol Parker was thrilled and was the very last little boy to sit on Santa's lap. He told Santa that he wants a choo choo train and tracks and ding ding ding for Christmas. He also scored some yummy treats! Every time we see anything Santa-y he says, "Look! HO HO HO!" Ummm, he melts my heart.


We also drove up to Salt Lake and witnessed the beauty that is the Lights at Temple Square. I was once again brought to tears trying to tell Parker the story of baby Jesus and the wise men and such... then I looked around and told myself that
a)I'd better pull it together because I'm out in public and there's millions of people around and I shouldn't be looking like such a boob and
b) it was so cold that I was afraid the tears would fall down my cheeks, freeze, and then cause permanent damage to my skin. ;-)






It was a touching night and we really felt the true spirit of Christmas. We ran into one of our favorite young women from our ward back home who is now not really a "young woman"- she's attending BYU. After Temple Square we headed over to the Allred's for some pizza and holiday cheer. It's always a good time when we get together with them!
So for now we are keeping it together pretty well. Life is crazy but at least we've got each other! :-)
Last weekend we attended our Ward's Christmas party and guess who showed up??? SANTA!!!!! I know him! lol Parker was thrilled and was the very last little boy to sit on Santa's lap. He told Santa that he wants a choo choo train and tracks and ding ding ding for Christmas. He also scored some yummy treats! Every time we see anything Santa-y he says, "Look! HO HO HO!" Ummm, he melts my heart.
We also drove up to Salt Lake and witnessed the beauty that is the Lights at Temple Square. I was once again brought to tears trying to tell Parker the story of baby Jesus and the wise men and such... then I looked around and told myself that
a)I'd better pull it together because I'm out in public and there's millions of people around and I shouldn't be looking like such a boob and
b) it was so cold that I was afraid the tears would fall down my cheeks, freeze, and then cause permanent damage to my skin. ;-)






It was a touching night and we really felt the true spirit of Christmas. We ran into one of our favorite young women from our ward back home who is now not really a "young woman"- she's attending BYU. After Temple Square we headed over to the Allred's for some pizza and holiday cheer. It's always a good time when we get together with them!So for now we are keeping it together pretty well. Life is crazy but at least we've got each other! :-)


Comments
Love ya,