Birthday Party Weekend!

Well, it's back to school for Tanner. But luckily the first week of school wasn't too bad (for me anyway) He was home quite a bit, actually, and we got to spend a few evenings chatting it up- which was sooooo nice!

Saturday we headed up to Salt Lake to spend the day with the little birthday girl, Marley. I can't believe she's ONE! But then again, I can't really remember Travis, Nicole, and Kaydence without the Marley. :-)
First stop was the rec center to burn some calories and let the kids run wild. They were a little tired and needed naps but at least Nicole and I could break a sweat to DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION. We're cool and we know how to party.
Anyhoo, the rec center was totally rad. They had an incredible fun center for kids
(and me and Nicole...)


They had a little grocery store and Parker and Kaydence went "shopping". So cute!





Oh, and while we were playing with the kids the boys lifted weights. Hey girls, that's MY MAN with the sweaty arm pits! HANDS OFF! :-)


After we got all good and dirty we went swimming! Parker and Kaydence are such little fish! The adults enjoyed a few minutes in the hot tub.





After we burned all those calories we felt the need to stuff ourselves with Olive Garden! It was an adventure but we all left with full tummies which made us all happy.



We went back to Travis and Nicole's house to sing Marley "Happy Birthday" and eat cake and ice cream! (Good thing we all worked out, huh?)


They love each other.... :-)

Marley needed a bath when she was through with her cake! She loved it! Nicole did such an amazing job making it! I was really impressed!



We skyped Tanner and Travis' parents so they could sing with us and be a part of the party. :-)


Here's Marley all clean- opening her presents. Happy Birthday sweet girl!!!!


After the party is the after party, right? Tanner's mission buddy was throwing a birthday party for his son who also just turned 1. So we cruised over there for some MORE cake and ice cream! :-)

Sweet cuddly Logan- he's so adorable!


Ryan and Tanner
Ryan is seriously one of my favorite people on earth!




We ended the evening with some squishy cheek pictures. Cuz we're cool like that.

Sunday was my first day in young women's as a leader. It was weird. I still feel like I am the young woman! I'm excited to get to know my girls, though. They are all so sweet.

After church we went to my friend Brian's house for dinner. We grew up together and our mom's are still in the same ward. I guess that day at church my mom talked to his mom and they thought it was so cute that our family's were getting together for dinner. :-) Can you just picture them smiling as they talked about us? I can!
I was bummed that I forgot my camera because we had such a good time and Brian's wife made such a delicious dinner.

We are so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family nearby that we can make beautiful memories with. Thank you everyone!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You guys made Marley's birthday so special by coming up, thank you! We really did bust some sweet moves to DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION, settin records and movin to the beat(well attempting to at least :)
Sorry about the craziness with Marley, she was just grabbing everything within her reach and stuffing it in her mouth as fast as she could (no wonder we got stares)! Those were great pictures, you sure got your fill of cake and ice cream for the week (gotta love birthdays :)
Sue Ann said…
Great fun!
Love my darlin Parker with the blue lips!
More, More!!!!!