Christmas Eve/Christmas Day 2013
Christmas this year was spectacular! For the past 3 years, Tanner and I have done Christmas on our own at our house. We like doing that because we have started some of our own family traditions and it's nice to have Santa come to our house and things like that. But this year, since we were blessed with this 7 week long break, we were at my Mom and Dad's for this special holiday- and I would not have wanted it any other way!
On Christmas Eve all my siblings and their kids came over for brunch. I made that cook-over-night-in-the-crock-pot breakfast casserole and we had plenty of fruit and juices to keep everyone's tummy's full. Kari and the kids came over in their PJs which was so cute. After everyone had eaten their fill and the kids played around and got their wiggles out we all gathered around for the Nativity.
Growing up, the 5 of us kids would always act out the nativity on Christmas Eve but this was the first year that we had all the grand kids perform. My Dad read the story and the kids all acted out their parts. We had 2 Mary's and only 2 wise men but that just made it all the more special Everyone did so well and I really, truly believe we all felt the spirit. I'm so glad my Mom worked so hard to make it all happen. My Dad was THE best narrator we could have every had. Cort and Jon both took video while I snapped away with Tanner's camera. It was wonderful.
Noah was technically a wise man too (or maybe it was Jessi) but they were doing just fine cuddled up with their sweet mom. :-)
Max presenting a gift to the baby Jesus
Savannah was just a sweet and tender Mary. She really played the part perfectly.
And cute Kimmie was our other Mary- she was so excited!
Tavian was our brave and fearless Joseph. He really has grown up to be a strong young boy and he was the perfect Joseph.
Parker was a shepherd!
Mikaela was the angel- and of course she was angelic as always!
My Mom helped the kids to know where to go and what to do....
Our 2 beautiful Mary's
Stud
"What's this angel saying to me?"
"Oh! Jesus is born!"
My Dad was very animated- I don't recall him being this into it when we were little! But he did a fantastic job!
The wise men bringing gifts to the baby Jesus
After the nativity we moved the party on into the living room and opened "cousin" presents by the Christmas tree. Parker and I made ice cream cone kits for all the cousins and Kari gave us all a signed book about the ocean. Cami and the kids gave us all great playdough and coloring books and things. The kids were so sweet with each other. They really do love each other so much!
Kari gave Kimmie some pretend princess jewelry and Kimmie was in awe. She LOVED it. She's just the most precious thing...


These boys love each other
Auntie Cami gives the best hugs! Parker loves Cami because she always is so thrilled to see him and makes him feel so special!


Sisters! Missing Josi!!!!
Kaela is too cute for words. Here she is kissing the snowman.
After all the gift giving was done we gathered into the family room once again for one last hurrah- the slideshow that Tanner worked so hard on. We used all the pictures we took of the family and set it to our new favorite Christmas song. It makes me cry every time I watch it. It was a great way to end our family Christmas Eve brunch! (which technically lasted all day..ha ha)


As we were all cleaning up and my siblings were loading up their cars and we were saying our goodbyes these kids were out back playing. This is them, "Taking a rocket ship to the North Pole!" Ah, these kids melt my heart.
Well, my mom and I had big plans to make a festive turkey dinner but we were wiped out from all the family fun that day. So my Dad said he would treat us to Christmas Eve dinner at Nordies. Sounded good to me!!! But when we got there they had just closed! Doh. We decided to just eat at the food court instead. Now, this might not sound like the typical venue to spend Christmas Eve dinner but it was actually really nice. All the last minute shoppers were there grabbing a bite to eat. Everyone looked so content and we were like one big happy family up there in the food court. We got to wave goodbye to Santa before he left on his sleigh to deliver all the presents to all the good girls and boys. It was a great night!
When we got home Santa had delivered Parker a video message so we watched that and learned that Santa has been watching Parker all year! And Parker was on the nice list! Woo hoo! So, we made some chocolate chip cookies for Santa, left some carrots out for his reindeer, and Parker made a Lego Santa and wrote a note to leave out for the Big Guy.


"Dear Santa, I saw the video. I have been good. From, Parker"
We set up the train, present tunnels and all, and made sure everything looked perfect for Santa.
Parker even put his gingerbread house under the tree so Santa would see it.
We read Christmas stories under the tree every night before bed.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
While visions of sugar plums danced in his head...
Parker is not quite old enough to wake up too early on Christmas morning and get us all up- thank GOODNESS. He woke us up around 7:30 and we tip toed out to the tree to see what Santa brought..
Oh! The anticipation!
Parker got his Hot Wheels shirt and jacket! Just like he asked for!
I tried SO hard this year to give Tanner a decent Christmas. I am a pretty lame gift buyer. I always try to shop on a budget which isn't so much fun and I always seem to buy pratical gifts instead of the things he really wants. Well this year, since we were in the middle of no where and had no where to shop anyway, I did all my research on Pinterest and all my purchasing on Amazon. Then, I just had everything shipped to my parents house and didn't have to worry about traveling with it all! These socks were a stocking stuffer along with that disgusting energy drink back there. But I got Tanner some pretty cool stuff and I think this was the first year in a decade that he actually was surprised and stoked.
When my parents woke up we really got the party started. We had a wonderful Christmas morning and I think we were all pleasantly surprised at all of the fabulous gifts we received! Of course, the best part of presents are the ones you give.
Parker got this Razor scooter from Grammy and Papa and could not WAIT to try it out!
Woo hoo! I think he likes it!
After we got all showered and cleaned up we prepared the turkey dinner that we intended on eating the day before. It worked out perfectly in the end, though. And it was mighty delicious!


I LOVE my Mom's decorations! She goes all out. I could not stop looking around when we first arrived home for the holidays. It puts a smile on my face and I just can't get over how talented she is. These cute silverware holders were from my Aunt Marie- aren't they darling?
Cheers!
We were all pretty wiped out by the end of the day. We found all the kids lined up in front of the TV watching a movie.


I had fun with Kaela. I did her hair and painted her nails and we did "make up". She kept grabbing my fingers and bringing me back into my bathroom to do more girly things. She's just adorable!


I was nervous how Christmas at home with my whole family would turn out. I have to admit, I was a little stressed at times. But it all unfolded better than I could have ever imagined it. Being all together is like a little slice of heaven. I love my family so much and I'm so grateful that we can be together forever. We are truly best friends and I'm so blessed with such amazing siblings, parents, and little nieces and nephews. I'm so blessed to have married the most amazing man on Earth who has given me the best life with the perfect son. I don't know how I got so lucky to have his family as my own, as well. They are terrific and it warms my heart to know that anywhere I turn I have a loving family member who is there for me. I love you all!





































































































Comments