Twas the Week Before Christmas
There were so many activities and fun times leading up to Christmas! These pictures are in no particular order but this pretty much sums up what we did the week or so before Christmas.
Since Parker was going to be missing over month of school we decided to home school him while we were in California. His teacher was awesome and sent all his work home with him on his last day. We tried to go to the Mission Viejo Library every other day and work on his assignments Tanner also had some projects to work on so family time at the library was a must and very beneficial. I love the Mission Viejo Library. Parker always worked so hard to get his work done quickly so he could play on the computers or in the "play room". They also had Santa's Workshop all set up outside the library and it made everything so festive and Christmasy!


My studyly smarty pants boys!
As of March 2013 Parker was STAR tested and found to be reading at a 2nd grade level! AND he's been in advanced math and soaking it all up!
Santa's Workshop!
Once, Tanner woke me up in the middle of the night and with fear in his voice said, "I can't find Parker. He's not in his bed." I shot out of bed like lightening and ran through the house looking for him. I thought, "Maybe he's in the bathroom." No "Maybe he crawled into my parents room and fell asleep on the floor." No "Maybe he walked upstairs to peek at his presents." No "Maybe he sleep-walked out the front door!" No. After a few frantic moments searching for him we found him here on the couch in the living room sound asleep next to the Christmas tree. He had turned it on all by himself and set up his blankets and pillows just right all around him. It was just about the most tender, magical, sweet, Christmasy things a kid could ever do. We had to snap some pictures... isn't he darling?
We had to wait a few days before we could finally get down to the beach, but when we finally made it we were not disappointed It was beautiful! We stopped by Strands on our way to Kari's to take her pictures one evening. I can't get enough of the salty sea air and the sand between my toes! It's good for my soul! Parker loved playing in the sand and the sunset was breathtaking!
Parker can fly. He's a super kid

We made it down to Kari's and the boys immediately started playing. They play so well together now- they hardly made a peep! It really is such a blessing for Parker to have so many cousins right around his same age. Cousins truly are a person's first best friends.
I love my big sister!
Kari made a delicious dinner and the boys kept us entertained singing "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer."
One night my parents took us out to dinner at Panera Bread and a movie! (Life of Pi) It was in 3-D and a little intense for Parker even though it was rated PG. I read the book so I knew there wasn't any horrible parts in it but I forget that my sweet little boy is so sensitive and didn't really like the scary tiger. Cute kid.
(Notice Teddy...)
One of our favorite things to do is wake up and bring breakfast down to the beach. This particular morning we brought a little picnic and settled down at Aliso. I read Parker a book I found at the library about the real story of Silent Night while we were driving and we listened to the song when I was done with the book. I totally cried. I love that song!
For some strange reason there were about 5 million seagulls out and they pretty much attacked us! It was hilarious!
Parker tried to chase them away...
But they just chased him right back!!
Just call me the seagull whisperer.
Another great way to feel the Christmas spirit is at Roger's Garden's. Parker LOVES the train and I love the flowers and trees. It is so beautiful there and I enjoy every moment we get to spend walking around taking it all in. This particular day we met my parents there after they did their work in the Newport Beach temple. Then we went to Fashion Island for from dinner and to see the giant Christmas tree!
I love my DAD!!!!
This was a Parker sized tree! Perfect!
And creeper Tanner sneaked up on Parker and scared the living daylights out of him. :-)
They sky was so gorgeous when we got to Fashion Island- I just had to take a picture. That's Catalina silhouetted out there on the horizon. So cool!
One of my favorite Christmas traditions is seeing the giant Christmas tree at Fashion Island. It NEVER disappoints!
Oh you know, just the best parents in the whole wide world!
One day we took a little nature walk down at the creek by my house. We were "shopping" for Christmas crafts to make some gifts for my parents.
Of course haircuts were in order... Angela did a fantastic job!!!!
Parker was often found in multiple variations of his "comfy spot" here on the couch. Funny boy.
Here he is checking out the toy adds before bed one evening.
We had a blast playing with Jon and the girls! One day, when we were over at his house playing, the kids found this Star Wars helmet and were taking turns trying it on and pushing the buttons. It was hilarious!
Sweet little Parker all sound asleep. He got into the habit of falling asleep in our room on the recliner. I thought it was adorable but Tanner was not too happy about it. :-) Hey, as long as the kid sleeps and doesn't wake me up too early!
I love this picture of my Dad and me on Christmas Sunday!
Mikaela is just about the most precious little girl on the planet and she just LOVES Bebo. It's the cutest thing. I loved playing with the girls' hair, too!
These are some pictures that were taken the day we went down to the Montage for family pictures. It was such a nice day!
We could not WAIT to see Angeluis and Kailo!!! They came to Laguna for Christmas and we had such a good time hanging out with them!!! We went over there for breakfast one morning and I realized how much I miss my BFF!!!!!
The day we flew into LAX we met up with Cami and her family in RSM for the annual live nativity and creche exhibit. It was the perfect way to start out the Christmas season and I'm so glad I got to spend that time with my sister! Parker LOVES his cousins!!!!
Christmas 2012 has gotten of to a GREAT start!
































































Comments