Bringing Baby Ray Home
Oh! What a blessed day! The day we brought our baby home! I felt so good and was so ready to officially start our lives together! Although, to be honest, I cried when we left the hospital. It was hard saying goodbye to the nurses who made this wonderful experience so unforgettable and heavenly. We hugged and shed a few tears of joy. I don't know how we got so lucky but we sure scored with our nurses.
I think they liked us so much that they wanted us to stay longer. ;-) Our nurse, Kathy, left to get me some pain medication and then never came back! A couple of hours later she came back and apologized for taking so long. It was a busy day so we had April, our nurse from day #1 come in and remove my staples. She helped us load up and wheeled me out into the sunshine for the first time in 4 days- Rayleigh's first time feeling the warmth of the sun and the cool sea breeze. We were all grins driving together in the car on our way home!
Waiting for the nurse to discharge us!
We had the best welcome commitee when we arrived home! This little guy has been so amazing and was so excited to see us and his new baby sister!
My pretty, pretty princess.
I busied myself unpacking and trying to get organized. It was so fantastic feeling so well. I just can't say enough how different this experience was from Parker's delivery and how tremendously easier the whole C section recovery has been. We had General Conference on and it was so nice listening to the choir and the prophets and apostles the day we brought our baby home. No better words or voices to hear.
Later that day Andrea came!!!!!!! She had her baby 9 weeks ago, Lia Rae. I know! Isn't it so cute?? Lia Rae and Rayleigh! They are best friends. Andrea and her little family made a visit to Disneyland! How fun! I was so glad they were able to stop by and see us. We took the girls' picture and I'm sure it will be the first of many times our girls get together!
Oh! And when we came home there were these beautiful flowers from Tanner's family! They were all pink and smelled so good! It was so very sweet of them to do!
This is pretty much how it's been. Us 4 cuddled up in bed together. Life is just about perfect!
We love being a family of 4!!!!





















Comments