This Weekend with Daddy: Trunk or Treat and Dana Point
Tanner surprised us and came home Wednesday night! I was soooo relieved! I had to take Parker in for a renal ultrasound and I had no idea how I was going to do it alone. Man, having a husband is the best! He jumped into bed at like 11pm! So glad that man was my husband and not someone else! ;-) After the amazing video project he completed for his company budget meeting they told him to take the rest of the week off and spend some time with his family. So, he jumped in the car and came back down!
Parker did amazingly well at his ultrasound and they found that nothing was really wrong. His UTI was spontaneous so that's a good thing.
Tanner ran a few errands with me. One to Buy Buy Baby to get some more nursing bras. Such a trooper he is! I had to snap these sweet pictures of him hanging out with Rayleigh in the furniture department.
Tiny baby feet are sooooo cute!
My husband is a stud!
Later, Tanner told me to snap a quick picture of Rayleigh who'd reached up and grabbed his face while he was holding her. So sweet.
I couldn't resist snapping a couple of pictures of her while we were driving. I don't have a canopy for her car seat so I threw a blanket over the seat and it made a little baby tent for her! She's happy here but after a while she started to cry which made me cry. For some reason when she cries while we are driving I feel so helpless and it makes me cry to know she needs me and there's nothing I can do about it!
I know, I know. Hormones...
She LOVES to bounce on this thing! It gives me quite the work out! But seriously, it's a life saver. Works EVERY time.
It was so awesome that Tanner could be here for Jon's Trunk or Treat in Ladera, too! I was worried that he wouldn't make it in time but then as it turned out he was here a couple days early! We had fun getting the kids all dressed up in their costumes. Well, Rayleigh just wore a cute outfit from Jami Ward (says "Daddy is Under My Spell") and Parker is a zombie! He wouldn't step foot in the Halloween store to buy the make up- he hates all things scary and creepy. But we did manage it make him look pretty frightening! ;-)
Love her tiny boots!
Parker loved seeing Kim and Kaela! They were sooooo darling!
My Mom is the baby whisperer. I love her. What am I gonna do without her?!?!?!?!?
She loves her Daddy.
On Saturday we ventured out to Dana Point. We thought it would be fun to walk around the harbor but it was windy and freezing cold!!! So I put Rayleigh in the Britaxi and we just went out El Torrito for an early dinner. We also checked out some of the elephant art they have displayed. They are decorated from all over the world!
She slept the whole time! Thank goodness! I don't have the whole "nursing in public" thing down yet.
Love my boys!
That night we carved a pumpkin with Parker. We had big plans but they all seem to crash and burn with a newborn. ;-) We need to remember to think smaller... Tanner snapped some cute pictures with his camera of pumpkin carving and bath time.
Zombie face
"Mom, why are you putting me in a pumpkin?" Hey, I thought it would make a cute picture. That idea got vetoed real quick...
Before Tanner had to leave again I tried to snap some pictures really quickly of him and Rayleigh. She loves her Daddy.
The next time Tanner comes it's going to be moving day!!! I'm excited and nervous. It will be a bitter sweet day!!!!

































Comments