Day 2 With Our Princess


After a somewhat chaotic night we were somehow still able to have a good night's sleep and were so thrilled when the sun shone into our window in the early morning hours illuminating our sweet daughter's face. This was also the glorious time when I finally was able to be "unplugged"! The catheter came out, the IV came out, and the foot pumps came off. Hallelujah!
Now I could take a much needed shower. I felt like a new woman stepping out of that bathroom. The fact that I was able to shower at all was kind of a miracle all in itself. After I had Parker I cried when they took out the catheter because getting up to use the bathroom was so painful and when I attempted to take a shower I just stood there and cried because it hurt so badly and, being naked and wet, I was stuck in there!
This time around the recovery has been very tolerable. I'd do it all again in a heart beat!
After I was freshened up we put Rayleigh in a little nighty and enjoyed some morning cuddles. Cami and my Dad came over for a quick visit which was so fun! We didn't get a picture of Cami and the baby but it was a tender moment. Before they left we asked my Dad if he wanted to hold her and he said no but then quickly changed his mind. Once she was in his arms he said, "Well, maybe we could stay for a little longer. Maybe a lot longer!" They bonded for sure. He was so sweet with her. And she loves him immensely already.


Add caption







Trying on her first bracelet!






My Mom stayed home and watched Parker and Cami's kids so she could come meet Rayleigh but when they all went home she brought him back over and we drank up the afternoon as a family of 4. It was all quiet and cozy in our room- a little slice of heaven. We whispered to each other and smiled, we rested and of course played a game on the phone. Can't beat this. Nothing can top it.

Each night we cuddled up together and closed our eyes pretty early. We had the BEST night time nurse, Lauren. She was such an angel. Rayleigh slept on my chest every night which was such a delight. If I could do this every day I so totally would.

Comments