San Fran With The Fam
The day finally came when Kim, Monte, Kaitlin, Travis, and McCoy flew in to visit us! Ok, so we only had to wait like a week... but still! We were so excited! We were hoping for some hot, sunny weather to bask in during their week long stay. I mean, this IS California, after all. Coming from Idaho, they were ready for a little warmth! But no. We suffered through wind, rain, and even a tornado while they were here!
Yes, you read that right. A tornado. Poor Parker was terrified. Last summer there were devastating tornado all across the Midwest that completely did him in. After surviving that huge storm that blasted through our little town in Pennsylvania which knocked out our power he's been a nervous wreck about any sort of inclimate weather. We assumed we were safe up in Northern California. It has the BEST climate and tectonic plate foundation any where in the country. It has the lowest chance of earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, tropical storms, snow, and wind. But ohhhhhh no, we HAD to have a real live tornado touch down just 5 miles from our house. Parker's heart was beating out of his chest so I suggested we pray. We all, the whole family, knelt down while Parker uttered a simple prayer through a quivering chin and shuddering voice. Not 5 minutes later a rainbow shone in the sky. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for hearing the prayers of a faithful little boy.
Despite the horrible weather, we had a great time! After they flew in, we met them at Pier 39 on Monday evening- just in time for dinner! We grabbed a bite to eat at the iconic Boudin's and then wandered along the pier and checked out the sea lions!
Kaitlin and I with our babies- they are only 3 months apart!
After dinner we drove over to Ghirardelli Square for some delicious desserts! Monte grabbed a box full of chocolates, Tanner and Kaitlin each got a gourmet hot chocolate, and Parker and I shared an ice cream sundae with a warm chocolate chip cookie! Yummmmmmmmmm. We showed them the chocolate maker and everyone was thrilled with their free piece of yummy chocolate. Who wouldn't be!?!?
From there we crossed over the bridge and stayed the night in a hotel just outside Suasalito! We all slept so good that night. Tanner and I have hotel staying down pat. We brought a candle and our little sound machine. The baby was so sleepy she passed out in her car seat. Parker took his "special" place sleeping on the hotel chair/ottoman. The rain pitter pattered outside our window. It was so nice. The next morning we all enjoyed a nice buffet breakfast before hitting the road on our fun little journey!
Our first stop was the hill top look out to view the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco. It was sooooo cool! And by cool I mean cold and windy. But the view was amazing. Truly spectacular! We were so pumped!!!
Kim looking cool, imitating Parker running up the hill to see the bridge.
Here are a few shots that Parker took with his camera. Not bad huh?
Of course Tanner had his GoPro and snapped some fantastic shots! Everyone was so impressed with the view! We had a blast!!!
(Tanner's Camera)
(My phone)
From there we had to jump in the car and drive to Muirwoods. And warm up! The babies were asleep in the car so Monte, the awesome Grandpa that he is, volunteered to sit with them while we all got out and took a stroll along the overlook path. It was raining slightly but that didn't stop us! We were having too good of a time to stop now!
Tanner was being a creeper and wanted IN on all the pics I was trying to take of Kaitlin and Travis. ha ha
So beautiful!
I made Tanner promise me that someday we would go back to Muirwoods and hike through the redwood forest. Little did I know we'd be back so soon! I'm so glad I have such fabulous in laws that like to hike around in the rain with me. There are plenty of people in the world who would have complained or thrown a fit but these people, whom I am lucky to call family, are the best of the best. We bundled up the best we could and hit the pavement. And the hike did NOT disappoint! The redwood trees are truly spectacular! I am sooooo glad we sacrificed warmth and dry clothes to experience this epic adventure through these ancient trees!
Our babies and baby daddies turned a lot of heads. People loved seeing these cute, little faces popping up our of their dad's jackets. :-)
We are a picture taking family....
We only had one little mishap when Parker had to go potty "RIGHT NOW". These aren't the kind of woods you can just go to the bathroom in and he was pretty uncomfortable and upset. But we rallied together and helped Parker find a decent solution. He might have added a little water to the stream. After that he was all smiles and back to his happy go lucky self. Phew, how am I gonna handle the drama of a girl!?!?
Had to jump around to keep warm! ha ha
The redwoods were incredible! We are so glad we took the time to stop and see them!
From there we hopped back in the car and headed back home. We were all starving when we got to Sacramento so we stopped at the fountains and grabbed an early dinner/late lunch at Noodles and Company. Mac n Cheese has never tasted better! We were excited to show them the house and all the beds we had set up for everyone!
Kaitlin and Travis took Parker's room and we borrowed a pack n play for McCoy. It was perfect. Kim and Monte took the loft. Everyone had plenty of soap, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, shower caps, shoe mits, sewing kits, mouthwash, cotton balls, q tips... well, you get the idea. ha ha I can honestly say that it was a total joy having them all here and I'm super sad that they are gone. They were the most perfect guests and I wish they could have stayed longer!!!! What's better than waking up to a delicious breakfast made by Monte??? I love my family!!!















Comments