Spring a Ding Fling
A few days ago I had the idea to invite someone over for dessert or something after church one day. So I asked Rachel. Then I thought maybe we could roast peep s'mores and do a little "Welcome Spring" bon fire like we used to do with Angeluis. Since we'd need to go to the clubhouse to use the fire pit we decided to get together on a Saturday instead of a Sunday. Then I figured we should just invite who ever wanted to come and it ended up being a big old shin dig with like 50 people! It was super fun and everyone had a blast.
I was afraid some people might feel left out if they didn't hear about it- you know, think they weren't invited. But so far I haven't heard about anyone being sad. So that's good! Tanner was having a hernia the entire time because he was certain we weren't allowed to roast marshmallows in the fire pit. Turns out he was right but I'm one who'd rather ask for forgiveness rather than permission. ;-) The peeps and chocolate and graham crackers that I brought were gone in 60 seconds. The kids were loving it! I also brought chalk for the non pool going kids and they went to town with that!
I'm glad we did it and we got to know more people in the ward. We had a great time and were sad to leave! Everyone was still partying but we had to take off because the baby was melting down and so ready for bed.
I didn't take too many pictures because I was busy being a social butterfly and I didn't want to bug anyone with my camera in their face. ;-) Happy Spring!


Comments