Easter 2014

I love Easter.
I love Spring time and seeing the Earth come back to life.
I love studying the atonement and resurrection.
I love my Savior.
We were lucky to spend Easter morning with my parents. We had to hop in the car and drive back home after church but we enjoyed the last few hours spent together. 
The Easter bunny came and Parker was ecstatic about finding the "golden egg". He went hunting for eggs before anyone was even awake. I guess that's what happens when you are 6 years old and have been an only child for so long. He's pretty self reliant! ha ha
We had a wonderful Easter meeting at church and I was bummed to have to leave early. But all good things must come to an end.
Parker was crying about something on the way home from church. I think maybe he was upset about leaving early. But we forced him to take a few family pictures anyway. Cuz we're awesome parents. :-)


Parker is so sweet with his baby sister. He plays with her so nicely. And we all know she adores him.




The baby was completely conked out on the drive home. We pretty much loath the drive back and forth from NorCal to SoCal but it's a necessary evil. Oh well.

As I reflect on the last week of the Savior's life and his glorious Resurrection, one moment has really stuck out to me. I find it terribly romantic and I don't know if I'm right or wrong but I feel like Mary, who rose before the sun to visit the tomb of the Savior was someone truly special to Him. Maybe I'm completely false in these notions but I kind of see their relationship as something of a more intimate nature.We know she and her sister and brother were very dear friends of the Savior. Clearly she was deeply devastated at his passing and I find it touching that she went our early Easter morning to mourn in solitude. When she arrived and found 2 angels sitting in the tomb (I picture this like 2 studly missionary companions who most certainly were stoked about the Savior's Resurrection "He is not here for He is Risen") she must have felt utterly confused. Where was her precious friend. A man who she cared for very deeply. Before Jesus appeared to anyone else he saw and spoke to Mary. Perhaps she was someone who was extremely important to him, too. In desperate tears she sobbed and it must have broken His heart to see her that way. "Woman, why weepest thou?" He asked. And she responded with tears in her eyes looking down, "Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away." Because she did not recognize Him and thought He was a gardener. And he gently said to her, "Mary." and she looked up and met His eyes and with pure relief and utter joy whispered, "Master!" I'm sure at that point she rushed to give Him a hug, which is what I would have done! But He bade her "touch me not, for I am not ascended to my Father." And with love and understanding, she obeyed.

Maybe I'm totally blasphemous for thinking all this but this is how I'd like to see this event happening. And it gives me a warm, tender feeling in my heart.

Comments