Sunday Funday

We planned a little family outing for Sunday afternoon and somehow the whole family got word and wanted to tag along. It didn't quite work out for everyone. But I enjoyed it so much. Field trips with my crew are just about my most favorite thing. That and beautiful sunsets. I am a pretty lucky chick.
We went to church in the morning. Tanner took the baby home after sacrament for a nap and I stayed. Parker enjoyed his first day of primary in our new ward. I got a calling to work with the 8 year old girls in Activity Days which will be so fun! Our ward shares with the Chinese Branch so our Relief Society lesson was translated into English from Mandarin. Which was super cool. I love the sisterhood I feel in Relief Society, and even though it was not was I was used to, the spirit was so strong. I feel so blessed that we live in such a diverse area. Parker is definitely the minority at his school but it's a huge melting pot and I think that's awesome.

So, after the baby woke up and we ate some lunch we headed down to the beach and met the family at the Ritz to check out the amazing gingerbread house!

It smelled so good and we loved looking at each little sugary detail! We were the first ones to arrive so we walked around the hotel like we owned the place and enjoyed the view from the lawn outside. It was gorgeous!
















Everyone arrived and it was pretty chaotic. Josi and the boys didn't last a minute so they left with my parents. But Cami and the kids, and Jon and his family all came back outside with us and the kids ran around and played as we all took in the spectacular view.








When it was time to leave we all piled in the elevator. How many Bullock's can you fit inside a small space!? 5 adults, 9 kids, and a baby on the way!


Dana Point started a new tradition this year called IlluninOcean where there are multiple festive scenes to experience. I wanted to check out the lights down at the Harbor so we drove down and were so impressed! The candy store handed out free 3D glasses which revealed whales in the lights! There was music and ocean sounds as well as thousands of blinking, beautiful lights!




We had the best time together. Christmas is so fun and I'm so glad I'm done with all my shopping so I can not only focus on the fun traditions but keep the true meaning of Christmas, the baby Jesus, at the center of it all.

Comments