Moving!
Moving is hard. Even when it's just across the street! I tried my best to be organized but at the end of the day, it's just a huge mess. We got the house painted a pretty grey/blue color and had new carpet installed. It feels like a fresh new house! We still want to paint all the cabinetry white and get new counter tops and backlash in the kitchen. But those are project for another day! The house is beautiful and I love it.
Kim and Monte drove all the way down just to help us with the heavy lifting- literally. Tanner still had to work so it was the 3 of us doing most of the back and forth between the 2 houses all day. Jack and Rayleigh were so confused and kept crossing the street to the old house when we were at the new house. I had several neighbors come to the door with either child (and most of the time they were only in a diaper). I'm glad we have such nice neighbors! Sheesh.... Tanner was able to come home a little early each day and when he got home was when most of the work actually got done. We also had Sophie come over one day and help watch the kids which was a HUGE help! She is worth her weight in gold! My mom came over on Friday and helped move stuff and went grocery shopping with me. It takes a lot of effort to keep a house running without the added task of MOVING! People need to eat, people need clean clothes.... It's exhausting. But we are all happy!
It's nice to have a built in oasis where we can rest and relax. I put all the seats down in the van, back into the garage, fill the back with laundry baskets full of stuff, and then drive across the street, back into the new garage, and empty everything out. It was a hard task keeping the babies contained and out of trouble. They are my full time job. But somehow we survived.
Wake up Daddy!!!!! We've got work to do!!! ha ha
The kids got creative while I was busy ignoring them.
We all craved down time and snuggled. Little Jack is so fussy in the morning until he gets some milk and is cuddled up in my arms. Not a morning person. ha ha
One night we had a ward party in the park. It was nice to have dinner provided one night! And to step away from the chaos and enjoy time with friends.
Grammy took the babies in the back for a little down time. At some point, we had to just stop what we were doing and pay attention to them. I'm sooooooo thankful they would sacrifice so much to come all the way down here for the soul purpose of performing manual labor. They didn't even get to go to the beach or have a nice night out! It was work the entire time! But we had fun and would NOT have been able to accomplish what we did without them!!!!!!!!! World greatest in laws!!!!!!!!!
She fell asleep on top of my giant pile of laundry. I feel you, Ray.
Parting is such sweet sorrow. I hate goodbyes. Kim and Monte were a tremendous help. They left on Saturday (April 1st) and I was kinda jealous that they were going to be quietly driving to St. George all day listening to Conference. I enjoy Conference weekend soooo much! But it's so hard to listen to the messages when the kids are running around. I'm glad I can read and re-listen to the words spoken whenever I want!
Tanner was attempting to move our huge, heavy piano across the street all by himself like he was some kind of He-Man warrior. Our sweet neighbors saw him and jumped at the chance to help. Thank heavens for good people! We tried not to ask too many people for help from the ward and such because it's kinda annoying... right? No one wants to wake up on a saturday to help someone move.
Sunday was April 2nd, our 13th anniversary. We were officially all moved in and beginning to get settled into our new home. I could never have imagined this life 13 years ago. I think I probably assumed we'd have 3-4 kids and be hope owners. I'm so thankful for Tanner who works so hard to provide this life for us. He is strong physically, mentally, and spiritually. I wrote this note to Tanner's family and it sums up how I feel pretty well:
I love that Tanner Ray with my whole heart and soul. He makes all my dreams come true. He's the hardest worker I know and he puts everything in his power into making me and his children happy. Our life together has led us down many different paths, each with an interesting adventure. All along the way, we have grown closer together- drawn to each other in times of excruciating pain and extraordinary joy. I don't know where the path will lead from here on out, but I DO know that when we put Christ at the center of our lives, we flourish. Doing the small and simple things daily, like Bishop Travis and other prophets and apostles have lovingly taught, brings the peace and security we to keep on the path. We would not be where we are without each and every single one of you. Your positive examples and unwavering support mean more to us than you will ever know.
We are so thankful that families are forever!!!!
































Comments