Time Out For Women

The long anticipated weekend finally arrived! I'd never been to Time Out for Women and was so glad when Jill suggested we go together! We tried to get one more girl to go with us but it ended up being just me and Jill and Courtney. We had such a great time together. Those women are truly exceptional. They are amazing mothers and wife's and live such Christ-like lives. It's such a blessing to associate with such devoted women.
Jill and Courtney picked me up around noon on Friday and we headed up to Pasadena. (Audrey watched the kids until Tanner got home from work) We stopped at the mall for some lunch and SHOPPING!!! I haven't been shopping in way too long. I needed some maternity clothes so badly and I felt like I owed it to Tanner to get some lingerie at Victoria's Secret. ha ha We had a blast shopping around and chatting and laughing! We got checked into the hotel and then walked over to the auditorium for the first session of the conference.
We heard from Virginia Pearce (President Hinkley's daughter) and Michael McClean. We were also delighted to hear City of Enoch perform. I can't get enough of uplifting music.

Ruby and Sam came over for a play date the day before... My kids LOVE playdates!

Girls gone wild! Courtney's trunk was packed full of all our bags! 


During the break on Friday night we ran across the street to Rubios. We ate so well the entire weekend! And after the session ended, we walked through the exhibits and book store. That night we stayed up until 2am talking and laughing! There is something so invigorating and soul stirring to be with other women who uplift and inspire you. We all slept pretty well despite the fact that the 2 of them shared a small queen sized bed. I was the lucky one who got to sleep alone (if you don't count the baby in my belly).



The next morning we grabbed a quick breakfast, checked out of the hotel, and ran over to the auditorium. The day was chuck full of spiritual messages, funny stories, and moving testimony. Hilary Weeks was amazing. I loved hearing her speak and especially sing! We also heard from Alissa Parker who is the mother of a child who was killed at Sandy Hook. I didn't want to listen when she first started talking but her message was so hopefully and enlightening. She is an inspiration. Emily Watts was super funny, Laurel C. Day and Mary Ellen Edmunds were amazing. Elaine S. Dalton was the last speaker and she was wonderful! 
I took a few notes:
1) Rejoice in ambiguity and embrace revelation
2) Review the certainties
3)Carve out regular quiet spaces and places
4) Slow down- grappling with ambiguity takes time and energy.

When you are busy working on good things, Satan is busy working on you.
Satan will work harder on us when a profound change is about to happen in our lives.
Fill life with good music, listen to good books, filter media, embrace all the happy, good things. Let the light in. Rise Above!

Where is my greatest personal influence at this season in my life? The Ensign (scriptures and words of modern prophets), my Mom.
What is my ministry?
My children

By small and simple things (prayer, scripture study) are great things come to pass.

What will my ministry look like in a year? What will I have focused on and accomplished?

Establish righteous routines with our bodies, minds, and souls.

Let virtue garnish thy thoughts
Lay aside the things of the world and seek after a better
Believe that ye must repent


RAISE AND PREPARE A SIN RESISTANT GENERATION



We stopped at the mall again on the way home for a little bit more shopping and a late dinner at Nordie's before heading home. Our husbands were so glad to have us home! ha ha
The next day was Sunday and Tanner made the most amazing breakfast! He's been on a culinary kick lately and who am I to dissuade him? We enjoyed Ward Conference and hearing from our local leaders before heading home and hosting a nice chicken and rice dinner for my mom and dad! We wanted to show them our new house and I'm so glad they made the effort to come and spend time with us! They make us feel so special and full of confidence and they congratulated us for a job well done. Tanner is truly the amazing one- without him, we wouldn't have any of the wonderful things we enjoy!





It was the most wonderful weekend and I'm so blessed to have the opportunity to recharge and renew spiritually. The world is a scary place, we heard that time and time again during conference. But when we keep the commandments, do our daily essentials, and empower ourselves through the atonement, we can be made clean from the blood and sins of this generation, be filled with peace and light, and have JOY!!!!!!



Comments