The Stomach Bug Strikes
Seems ironic that after my attempt at fresh, healthy eating, we all get slammed with the stomach bug. Jack threw up in the night right before Easter but I chalked it up to Birthday Binge eating. But then Rayleigh got sick. She threw up in the hot tub and I thought maybe she just swallowed too much water and also ate too many treats. But that night after Tanner got home she just laid on him and was super snuggly. He said, "I'm gonna go lay her down" and was walking up the stairs when I said, "Wait! Come grab her milky" He was resistant and wanted me to just bring it over to him but he walked back into the kitchen. It's a good thing he did because at that exact moment, she thew up all over the floor. Tanner made the rookie mistake of running down the hall with her to the bathroom where she continued to throw up several more times. So that was fun to clean up! But in all honesty, it was a breeze of a clean up compared to what could have occurred all down the stairs. The next day Parker was hit with the stomach bug so I kept him home from school and all 3 kids were mellow all day. It was a nice break for me! But it was sad to see all of them so weak and tired, although they were in good spirits.
Then, the next day, after I picked Parker up from school, I noticed I was feeling a little bit like I had morning sickness. It came completely out of the blue. I'd been doing fine all day until that moment. I was sitting out with the kids by the pool when I told Parker, "I think I need to go throw up." and I did! I came back outside and laid on the couch and with every passing moment I felt more and more ill. I texted Tanner but he wasn't able to come home for 2-3 more hours. By the time he got home I was full fledged sick. For some reason I got hit way harder than any one else. I retched and dry heaved dozens of times. I'm surprised I didn't go into labor! I was violently ill for 5 straight hours until I could finally take some Unisom and fall asleep. I was so sore and dehydrated the next day. It was brutal. I then had such a sweet sympathy for my 3 children. Tanner was a stalwart care taker. Of course, he never got caught with the bug because he is immortal.
My new favorite place is our local farmer's market. I can pull up right next to the field and roll the windows down so the kids can see me and "shop" for locally grown, fresh fruits and veggies. These carrots were $1 and picked fresh from the ground the moment I requested them. Yum!!!
I have a love/hate relationship with puzzles...
Poor sweet sick Rayleigh
Before the storm hit me...
I made some ceviche and it was sooooo good! Even Jack chowed down on it!
My view from the couch after it was determined that I was not going to be getting up. Parker is my HUGE helper and got the babies dressed. He really wanted Ray to wear this cute dress. ha ha Kids don't leave you alone even when you are bent over a large bowl.
The "baby elf of the shelf"... creeeeeepy. Parker keeps hiding it all over the house.
By the end of the week, we were all feeling much better and needing some fresh air! Pool to the rescue! With the solar heating, it was 97 degrees! My kind of pool temperature! Jack refuses to wear a floatie. But he can swim like a big boy!! I'm so proud of my little fishies and it's such a relief to know that they are somewhat competent in the water. Having a pool is such a fun blessing but it's also nerve wracking.
We have been alternating weekends of "fun adventures" with weekends of "stay at home and do projects." This was a "project" weekend. I took Parker with me all morning and we ran to Target and Home Goods and then we took Rayleigh with us to Lowes. I had to snap this picture of her riding this lawn mower for Papa. ha ha
Jack has never had a hair cut but he's starting to sprout some wings! Tanner said he looked like Uncle Travis circa 1999.
My beautiful princess. I sometimes find myself just staring at her. She's perfection.
"Did you get into mommys lip stick?" ....."No...."
Parker's Spring pictures from school. Why does he look so huge? He hated this hair cut... Parker still has a round little face which keeps him looking young but I know all too soon his image is going to change and he is going to start looking more like a young man. Noooo!!!!!!
The kids are starting to get little tan lines and their hair is gettin brighter streaks of blond. I love Summer!!!!
And something about them in their sunglasses makes my heart swell. They are just too adorable!
On April 28th, I had my 24 week appointment for baby girl (she is kicking oh so tenderly and growing perfectly) and then Jack had his 2 year appointment with Anique. It was fast because Jack is practically perfect in every way, I've been seeing Anique for close to 10 years, this is my 3rd child, and Jack was ready for a nap (translation: he was a lunatic) He didn't need any shots or anything so basically it was to check his height and weight and to hear that he is healthy and strong and that I'm doing everything right! ha ha Gotta love Anique.
Jack is 32 pounds which puts him in the 95th percentile for his age. He is over 37 inches tall (hard to measure because he was kicking and screaming) which puts him off the charts. He is roughly the size of a 3 year old- a child a full year older than he is. If the legends are true and you double a child's height at 2 years of age to predict their full grown adult height, he will be over 6 foot 2 inches. He can count past 10, say his ABCs, identity shapes and colors and do simple puzzles. He loves Mickey Mouse and milky. He is a great swimmer and is happiest in the water. He loves going to Nanny's house. Almost every day he says, "Mommy, lets go to the car and go to Nanny's house." But when he get there, he gets most excited to see Bebo. He is a force to be reckoned with in the morning when he first wakes up and hates getting his diaper changed. He wants only to snuggle and drink his milk. He loves going to the park- a special place the kids rarely have the pleasure of seeing. He reminds me so much of Parker in the way he is so verbal and smart. He loves to show affection and LOVES his Daddy. He will chase him out the door whenever he sees Tanner leaving. He is learning to stand up for himself and will yell, "No!" when he doesn't want something so I'm patiently trying to teach him to say, "No thank you." His emotions sometimes get the better of him and it's hard to know where to step in and train him and when to let his feelings play out naturally. It's an easy decision when we are at home but out in public it can be quite the challenge. So we don't leave the house much. ha ha There is something truly angelic and divine about Jack. I know he is destined for greatness. He is a special spirit sent to Earth and this pivotal time. I don't take my duty to rear and raise him in the truthfulness of the gospel lightly. I am so proud of Jack. From the moment he was placed in my arms, he has brought me nothing but pure joy. I love you, Jack. Always and forever.







































Comments