Angeluis Are Here!
I absolutely LOVE when Angeluis come to visit and this time was extra special because I got to meet Keano! The kids had a blast together like always and we ate such good food (mostly delicious tacos) thanks to Luis. We kept is simple this year since we are now substantially outnumbered adults:kids. Tanner was working a ton and Angel's boys questioned whether we really had a Dad in our house. ha ha We did manage to grab Tanner after a meeting and have him meet us down at Strands on Friday. We played at the beach and had so much fun! We all drove separately so I drove through Chick Fil A on my way home for dinner...
BIG mistake. I ended up getting food poisoning and being sick to my stomach ALL day on Saturday. It was a relief to know that Tanner was home and that everyone was just swimming and having fun. No one really even came to bug me because they were having so much fun and I was able to sleep a lot. I was sick until about 3pm. By 5ish, Tanner brought me the most delicious homemade strawberry smoothie. It tasted so good and was just what I needed. I was so afraid to eat anything but it totally hit the spot. The next day, Angeluis left bright and early before any of us were even awake. I was bummed I didn't get a single picture with my BFF! I had all these things I wanted to chat about and get caught up on... oh well! There's always next time!
We spent ALLLL day Sunday cleaning and doing laundry in case what I had was the flu (we didn't want everyone to get it). I did probably 15 loads of laundry on Sunday and it took me the whole rest of the week to get it all done since we were gone until 5:30 every night!
I love my best friend so much! She's such a strong, beautiful person and such a brilliant mother. I hope we can get together again soon!
I rounded up a few old pictures since I was sad about not taking one together this time. We did EVERYTHING together in High School. I had my 15th birthday party at the beach (Aliso). We got in trouble at least once a week Freshman year for laughing in class. We had to pick up trash at lunch. And we wore matching jammies to EFY in Santa Barbara. Good times!
***Sunday night, our backyard neighbors had a VERY loud party. I mean, it was ridiculously loud. Every wall in my house was shaking from the music blasting from their speakers. I called the cops 3 times (they never came) and Tanner knocked on the door (they never answered) He even got a blow horn and blew it over the fence but the music was SO loud you could't even hear it! THAT'S EXTREMELY LOUD! It woke up the baby and I was furious. The only thing I could do was hold her and rock her and plug her ear so she would sleep. I kept praying that they would turn down their music, that the cops would show up, that something would happen to make them stop! But around midnight, as I sat there holding Ella, my heart changed. I began to pray that I would be patient, that they would make fun memories that night of their nice party (you could see old people and little kids all dancing and enjoying time together), and it was at the moment that the music got turned down. It wasn't OFF, but it was quiet enough to lay Ella down and go to bed myself. Instead of being angry, I was grateful. It's interesting what happens when we listen to the Spirit and turn our hearts to our Savior.






















Comments