Mammoth Day 1

For months, Tanner and I have been discussing what to do this 4th of July. Going to Utah was going to be tricky with it falling on a Wednesday this year. Tanner didn't think he could take a whole week off so we tried to come up with other options. I couldn't handle the thought of not going anywhere. And what I desperately wanted for the kids was to go somewhere remote where they could run and laugh and get dirty and pick up sticks and throw rocks and be loud and no one would hear them. Tanner, coming from Idaho, was a little confused at my persistence in this idea. We searched and searched for places to go and finally I found a Groupon for a condo resort in Mammoth! Neither of us had ever been there so we decided that's where we should go! The week before (before Emily's wedding) I had SOOO much to do to prepare but it all paid off because we had THE. BEST. TIME. At the end of it all, at night on the drive home, we looked at each other and said, "This weekend could not have been more perfect." The kids were perfect. The drive was perfect. The weather was perfect. Everything was just so perfect! It was easy and fun and beautiful and totally exceeded our expectations. We can't wait to go back!

It was a short and beautiful drive up to Mammoth with a quick stop at Subway for lunch. The kids did great- as usual. When we got to the resort, we were stoked! It was super nice! But we threw our stuff down and went exploring. And boy, we were glad we did! We had such a spectacular night! Everywhere we went, we were blown away by the beauty! And the kids DID laugh and they DID get dirty, the DID throw rocks, and they DID have the time of their lives!














































Comments