Emily's Wedding
My little Emi got married! What an honor it was to be in the sealing room as she and her handsome husband made sacred covenants with the Lord to love and honor each other for eternity! I love attending sealing ordinances because there is always such a profound spirit felt- generations coming together, and wonderful and inspiring counsel. Tanner and I really needed this kind of "date" together. It was perfect. Emily looked stunning- such a beautiful bride! And Colton is a total stud!
I had to go back and find some pictures of MY wedding day because I LOVED these kids so much (the ones I frequently babysat, cared for, and learned so much from) and I remember wanting so badly to get a picture with all of them. During my reception, I hardly put Abby down. I think she was almost 5 at the time which is pretty much Rayleigh's age- crazy. I mean, it's just bananas to think about. I considered Emily one of my best friends when I was a teenager and she was like 10 years younger than me. But that's just how special she is. Smart and sophisticated and funny and cool.
During the sealing, she couldn't look at her soon to be husband without crying so she kept glancing over at her dad but then her little chin started to quiver and my heart nearly burst. I remember feeling similarly. When Tanner got me in the car to drive away from our reception and head to the hotel, I just started bawling! He didn't know what to do! He was so confused and thought he was doing something wrong. I had kept my emotions in ALL day but at that moment, I let down and what made me cry was knowing that my Dad was handing me over to Tanner. He was saying, "I'll always be your Daddy. But now Tanner will take care of you. Don't worry! I trust him. You'll be fine!" For some reason these emotions were so strong- the trust and gratitude.... little girl growing up.
![]() |
| Lisa the magnificent. When I saw her in this dress I was speechless. I mean, look at her! Wow! Breathtaking! |
My Mom watched the kids for us while we were at the temple and I love going to her house and seeing the pictures she has out. This is my mom with HER mom. I'll have to ask her, but I think she is about 18 or 19 in this picture.
We missed the family party that was thrown for Karina's 50th birthday- it was just too complicated to make it all work. But my parents took Parker down to San Clemente. Later, we dropped the kids off at Cami's and met my parents at the clubhouse where Bob and Lisa now live for Emily's gorgeous reception! She had a taco bar and hundreds of Cheesecake Factory cheesecake and Sprinkles cupcakes, a live violinist and ALLLL my favorite people were there! Weddings are seriously the BEST dates!
![]() |
| My babies allll grown up!!!!!!! |
| Kari's party that we missed... |
| Cami rocking it with 8 kids! We had the best time and loved celebrating the love of Emily and Colton. I love her so much and I'm so proud of her! |

















Comments