Father's Day 2018

We missed the mark by a smidgen this year.
Even with all the planning and preparing, we didn't quite live up to Tanner's expectations.
He wanted breakfast in bed (I think) and I had told myself not to worry about it since we are always rushing to be on time to 9am church. But sweet Parker made Tanner a nice plate which Tanner didn't see.... oops. I didn't even ask Parker to do this! He's just world's most thoughtful person!
When we arrived at church, Jack was constantly coughing and we knew we couldn't stay. I asked Tanner if he wanted to go home or if he wanted me to go (so one of us could stay at church) and he volunteered. While we were gone, he had to manage a stressful problem at work and didn't get started on dinner. So we were all a little hangry. Oh! And check out this funny hand that Rayleigh made in Sunbeams. Tanner was mad on our way to church. Children don't lie. Oh man, it's a good thing we are friends with her teacher.
After dinner, we gave him the cards and gift we had for him. He loved the blender and we were happy to see him happy! 
I didn't get any pictures of what we did on Saturday, but Parker and I ran a ton of errands and then I made his favorite meal: steaks with squash and mushrooms, corn on the cob, and strawberry shortcake for dessert! It was super yummy but he was dealing with an emergency at work and was on the phone when we were ready to sit down and eat. Needless to say, the mark was missed all weekend.... But we LOVE Tanner. He is an excellent provider and protector, he loves us with all the strength of his heart, and would do anything to make us happy. He is loyal and faithful and generous and sensitive. And we are so blessed he is OURS!

Homemade fruit and veggie trays that I plan to have out everyday for healthy snacking

The breakfast Parker made for Tanner







Comments