Beach Days
This week I let each child have a "special day". They each got to choose what beach they wanted to go to, what treat they wanted on the way home, and what movie we watched together that evening. Parker was first and he chose Salt Creek. Rayleigh has a new found love for boogie boarding and it is so fun to watch her. Jack is right along side her for the most part and Ella hangs out with me, making drip castles and being adorable. Parker loves to sit next to me under the umbrella and we just sit and chat and eat snacks. It's the best! We like to get to the beach around 10am... that way we get a choice parking spot and have the beach to ourselves. By the time we leave, usually around 2pm, the beach is packed and there are NO parking spaces left. The ocean gets so crowded that Rayleigh has a hard time not bumping into people as she rides the waves.
Anyhoo, like I was saying, Parker's Day was Monday and he chose Salt Creek, then we all got Yogurtland (I had to go in, wear my mask and gloves, and the guy had to do our toppings for us), and we watched the new Scoobie movie, Scoob! after dinner and showers.
Rayleigh's Day was Wednesday and she chose Salt Creek again, Krispy Kreme, and Superman: the Man of Steel. I cannot tell you how proud it made me to hear her suggest Superman as her movie choice. She did this with no input from me! And she said her favorite part was when Superman put his fist to the ground and then shot up into the sky. So cool!
Jack's Day was Friday and he chose Montage, Dairy Queen, and the Lego Ninjago Movie. Montage was so beautiful and Rayleigh LOVED swimming in the bath-tub-like water. They made a few new friends (who originally thought Rayleigh was going to drown in the ocean and caught the lifeguard's attention... sheesh. Rayleigh just looks at them and says, "I'm fine! Hey look! I lost my tooth!") The kids did NOT want to leave but we only had 3 hours of parking. It took a lot of persuading but we finally got them to pack up. We got Blizzards at Dairy Queen and the kids thought they were so yummy and loved how you could hold them upside down. We brought a milk shake to Bebo and some card to wish him a Happy Father's Day!
Summer is our jam! It's our favorite season and we have so much fun playing in the sun! We even got to drive down to Temecula and spend some time with Amy and her boys and swim in the awesome Slusser pool. I love Amy so much and it's so great talking to her and learning from her. She is a wise and informative friend who shoots it to me straight and always makes me feel valued and loved.
My kids are all little fish, or in Rayleigh's case, mermaids. I love our seaside adventures!











































































Comments