Salt Creek with Courtney and the Girls
This morning, Courtney texted me bright and early and asked if I was going to the beach. I WAS, so she tagged along. I know Parker was thrilled because she brought Natalie and Kaelyn so he was able to have some tween social time. I don't like going with people to the beach (or anywhere) with other people. When I'm out on an adventure with my kids, I like focus solely on them and not have any distractions. I also don't like to manage friend ettiequte and behavior. Ugh. But it was fun with Courtney and I was pleasantly surprised. Rayleigh and Jack loved having friends around and mostly boogie boarded in the water. Ella got tons of attention and was darling, per the usual. It was nice getting to chat with another adult and I know Courtney was glad to meet a friend down at the beach. It was so nice when we first got there but around noon the crowds started to get packed in and when some loser group parked themselves directly in front of us, we decided it was time to go. Who does that???
We stopped by my parents for a visit after the beach and it was sooooo nice! The backyard was beautiful and my mom had tons of little toys setup in different locations (dolls, puzzles, LEGOS...) The kids were super well behaved and I was able to have a really nice chat with my parents. As always, it's nice to get popsicles for the ride home.
We got home, took showers, ate dinner, and then it was off to Book Club for me! Woo hoo! We met at Christine's and of course she had the BEST food for us to munch on while we discussed our book (A Long Walk to Water) and got caught up with each other. For me, nothing is more beneficial to my soul than being with friends and family!
It was a really, really, really good day.
| Jack thought it was funny to make it look like he was being run over. |
![]() |
| Showing off her battle wounds on her elbow and knee |























Comments