Linda Lane
Last night Tanner got in a super loud discussion. We weren't exactly fighting but we were having a serious talk and both of us were yelling at the top of our lungs. It was embarrassing and demoralizing. I feel humiliated that I let Tanner drag me down to his level. But basically he wanted Parker to be more productive and in the middle of talking with him at the dinner table he got up and took a work call. So I tried to pick up where he left off and when he got back we started talking with Parker again. I suggested Tanner and Parker do a little workout together in the mornings to jump start the day and for some reason, Tanner took offense to that. He somehow turned the conversation into something about himself and I literally said over and over like Elastigirl, "This is not. About. YOU!" I kept trying to end the disagreement because there was just no reasoning with Tanner (if he wanted to see a positive change in Parker, he needed to step up and make a commitment to do more for him. He's only 12 and still needs lots and lots of guidance). We got the kids to bed and he wanted to continue talking. So he dragged me back into it and when he said being a stay at home mom is "not a real job" I had to just walk away. I'm documenting all of this so one day we will look back on our immaturity and naivety and hopefully laugh and see how far we've come.
Fingers crossed!
The next day I decided to take the kids to Linda Lane in San Clemente. Kari wants to go to this beach on her birthday and I wanted to get a lay of the land before we go next week. It was awesome! It's the beach just north of the pier and the waves were perfect for Rayleigh and Jack to boogie board. We sat right next to the life guard which was great because as the day progressed and more people crowded the beach, we didn't have anyone sit down next to us. Rayleigh made a cute friend who she spent hours with out in the water. Parker and I had a good talk about priorities and what makes us happy. The sand was so soft and I buried the little kids over and over.
But all day I waited for Tanner to text me and apologize for his behavior the night before. He was so completely in the wrong, it's not even funny. FINALLY he did and I frankly forgave him (I wasn't really that upset). But it was a big deal that he apologize and we come full circle because Jill and Paul invited us to dinner in Huntington Beach and I really wanted to go! ;-)
Every one of our friends has had a nice weekend away as a couple besides Jill and Paul. She got Audrey to babysit and left Ava for the very first time and they spent 2 nights in Huntington Beach. We didn't want to crash her romantic weekend but when they invited us to Dukes, we agreed! It was sooooo fun eating at a sit down restaurant again and watching the sun set over the ocean. The food was so good (I was starving and shamelessly ordered my fish tacos and started eating before anyone else) and we all enjoyed tasty desserts too. We did a little shopping at a side walk sale after dinner and us girls got matching soft sweatshirts. I got new flip flops for Parker too, and the size 10s barely fit him! He's so big! But I am so grateful for all of the babysitting he's been doing for me so he deserved a little "payment". We sat outside and chatted until 10pm and it was just the best time ever.
Beach all day. Beach all night.
That's how you do Summer right!
![]() |
| Rayleigh was legit mediating the garage before we went to the beach |

































Comments