Christmas Tree Hunt

Yesterday was a little rough with Parker so I sent him to work with Tanner. I think he's stressed about because he's still so far behind in school and the semester is almost over. If he doesn't catch up, he'll have to repeat the entire semester. So, he was a little uptight which rained down on everyone and I'm thankful that Tanner is with him today, helping him with math.
I took my 3 little North Pole elves on a Christmas tree hunt! 
We started at Crystal Cove at the beautiful tree by the sea. There aren't many Christmas trees displayed so beautifully right on the sand so this was special! We took a few pictures then headed up the stairs for a peppermint milkshake from Ruby's Shake Shack! While we waited, a sweet older woman was parked next to us. She commented on how cute the kids looked all matching in their candy stripes. She said I was a good mom for taking them out and having a fun day. She said life was short and should be enjoyed. It was the highlight of my day. I wished I could have hugged her. She was also wearing red and white stripes as she waited for her husband to bring back their order of chili. Bless that woman.
From there, we went to the Montage. The ocean was sparkling brilliantly and looked so golden. We saw a TON of dolphins and the kids had a blast running around the tree. I thought it was so cute how Rayleigh wanted to bring her stuffed animals along on our adventure.
After the Montage we went to Linda Lane and played on the beach for an hour as we waited for the sun to set. Then we walked down to the pier and made it just in time to see the tree turn on! The sunset was unbelievable! We were having so much fun and taking so many pictures. People everywhere smiled at us and commented on how cute the kids were. They really were spreading so much Christmas cheer!
We ended the night with some McDonalds as we strolled around Dana Point Harbor and admired the lights. It was kinda crowded so we didn't stay long but I love looking at the magnificent displays and the kids were being so well behaved.
Soon, the adventure was over and it was time to head home.
We made it home in time for baths and reading before bedtime.
'Twas a good day.
(and Parker came home in a MUCH better mood and got a ton of work done. He and Tanner had a great day together- everyone's a winner!)






















































 

Comments