Sweets, Sisters, and Christmas Stars

Tanner has been working unexpectedly every Sunday which is REALLY annoying. I feel like we are not prioritizing the sacrament and when we do, it's rushed. I'm hoping and praying that the Lord is sanctifying our efforts. Last week, I broke. I'm not sure if I wrote about it so forgive me: 
I had waited all day for the sacrament and was really feeling the need to renew my covemenats and petition the Lord for blessings. Tanner was at work all day and then "did his own thing" that afternoon. I didn't want to ask, beg, or nag for the blessing of the sacrament and it took every ounce of humility and patience to wait on him. When we finally sat down, at 7pm, the kids were tired and restless. Tanner looked at me over our "sacrament table" and said, "Can't you get them to sit still and be quiet?!"
I broke. 
Right then I shattered into a million pieces and dissolved into a teary puddle. When the sacrament was over, I got in my car, turned off my phone, and drove away without saying a word. I was wracked with sobs as wave after wave washed over me. 
I was thinking, "This is too heavy, it's too heavy, too heavy." 
And like warm water filling me up from my head to my toes I was calmed and heard the words, "Lay it at my feet." 
His yolk is easy and His burden is light. 
When the weight of our responsibilities and unmet expectations crush us, when our backs are not meeting the demands placed upon them, we CAN lay it at His feet. 
I was only gone for 20 minutes but that's all I needed. Tanner ministered to me and made me feel much better. Ironically, that day's Light the World prompt was to find a quiet place to commune with God.

We DID have the pleasure of having the missionaries over for dinner and we made sugar cookies. I love the spirit that the missionaries bring into our home. We love them so much! It was Christmas Sunday and we were privileged to be ministered to by our Bishop and Josh B. I love the message and music of this season and the light it brings to our lives!
We took treats to our neighbors- a favorite tradition of ours. We've been working hard to Light the World each day and it makes our Christmas season much more meaningful. I'm glad when we get all of our shopping done and can focus on serving and traditions together as a family.
On Monday, we had "Sister's Day"! The plan was to do crafts at my mom's house but due to the pandemic, we decided to meet outdoors and let my mom opt out. We gathered at Dana Point Harbor and I brought berries, bakes oatmeal, hot chocolate, juice, whipped cream, and everything we needed for a nice little picnic brunch. It was so yummy and we had the best time hanging out in the warm sunshine chatting and laughing. This time of year is always so hectic and throw 2020 into the mix and it's been a struggle like none other. But we made it! We got together and had a great time! 
That night, for FHE, we had a little lesson on the Christmas star and then went out to see it! What a miracle and wondrous sight!
The next day, to keep the week of Christmas interesting, I had to take all 4 kids to the dentist again but they all did great and no one had cavities! BUT, Rayleigh and especially Jack developed a rash on their faces (this occurred even before the dentist). It was just a viral reaction- both of them got runny noses from playing with friends. But we couldn't be too careful with all of the Covid scares. Never a dull moment! 
I'm glad they are not in school right now- I am so so so so so thankful for free days to play and relax and celebrate Christmas!
























 

Comments