Jack's 7th Birthday and Easter 2022

Happy Birthday Jack!!!
Oh man, how I love this kid.
He is Mr. Popular. Everyone loves Jack. He's funny and smart and kind. He has a great memory and loves to read and draw. He acts like a cool kid and can be very snarky. He's really good at talking back and I need to be on my A game with him when he's in the mood to argue. He likes to win and be good at whatever he's doing. And most of the time he IS good! He can't give and receive enough hugs and kisses- he needs to give me at least 3 kisses before going to school each morning. He craves one on one time with me but then gets sad when Rayleigh isn't there. They are best friends and it's a total joy watching them grow up together. But when he's at school hes a man's man. This morning before school he had to grab 6 baggies for "bug collecting club" with the guys at school. He reminds me so much of Parker but with a little bit more spice. Parker was always so tactful and Jack is a little more shameless. He loves a good documentary and hates fruits and veggies. He is my precious, obedient boy and has brought nothing but happiness to my life for 7 years!

Last Saturday was the Ward Easter Egg hunt which is always super fun. We didn't have as big of a turn out because people were busy with weekend sports and such. Jill invited the kids over for a play date and it has been a verrryyyyy long time since she's done that so they were thrilled to go over and play. Later, I took Rayleigh and Sadie to their make up gymnastics classes.
Monday Parker started his first session of swim lessons and he did so well! I'm so proud of him! So far, all the parents have raved about Parker. Wednesday I hosted bunco which is always fun. I told myself to just be a good friend and make it nice.
But Friday was the day we'd all been waiting for: Jack's 7th birthday! Tanner took him to Chick Fil A for breakfast (Jack loves a good breakfast) and we of course took him to our traditional Wendy's lunch where he got a large chocolate Frosty all to himself. He opened all his presents first thing when he got back from breakfast. (New backpack, sketchbook, sharpies, and a ukulele) We met up with school friends at the park for little surprise party and he was soooo excited to see his friends! One of the mom's even brought cupcakes for everyone which was so sweet. We went to Target and let Jack pick out some special gifts. (LEGOs) Tanner came home kinda early and we went to Pieology for pizza and then watched the new Spiderman movie. We sang to Jack and ate our favorite mint chip oreo ice cream cake. It was a fantastic day celebrating our special little boy!!!

Saturday we kept the party going with our annual cousin  epic egg-stravaganza! Jon said to be there at 10:30 so I was! I brought all the stuff for my kids to dye eggs and lunch for everyone and homemade cupcakes. I mean, I was world's most organized person and I totally nailed it! Of course, I was all alone for the first 2 hours and everyone was late but I knew that would happen so we were happy coloring eggs and being together. Tanner was at his MCO rehearsal. I just realllllyyyy had to go potty and Jon had the key. I was so happy when he finally showed up!!! He and Laura have covid so I get him not being on his A game. I told my kids, under no circumstances could they press the button to start the water on the splash pad because we didn't want Uncle Jon being mean and getting mad and they were strictly obedient! But guess who walked up and immediately pushed it with no repercussions? Brody. grrrr made me so mad. All of a sudden because his kid does it, it's no big deal. But it WAS a big deal and all my stuff got wet. But oh well.
We colored eggs and had a big Easter Egg Hunt and then swam for hours while everyone ate the yummy food I brought and we sang to Jack and wished him a happy birthday. It was a really great day! I always love this day each year. 
Sunday was Easter and the Easter Bunny brought the kids baskets full of goodies. They were a little bummed that the Bunny didn't hide any eggs. Sorry kids! The girls wore new, cute dresses that I bought from my friend Yvette. Tanner and I sang a beautiful Easter song. I love the Easter music! I felt really guilty that I didn't spend more time teaching my kids and reflecting on the resurrection. The week, especially the weekend, was so busy!! Mom fail. I hope my kids know how much I love the Savior. We made ham and potatoes for dinner and had a nice Easter Sabbath. Next year I'll be better at focusing on spiritual things. I let it slip this year and totally regret it.  BUT we had a fantastic week celebrating Jack and I know Heavenly Father is still pleased with our efforts!
Happy Easter!!!

















































































 

Comments