Ella's First Beach Day and Other Sweet Moments

Two of my favorite things: new born babies and the beach! How could life get any better when we combine these 2 things?!
Tanner has been super busy at work preparing for survey to arrive. He's worked Saturday and Sunday and even Monday which was Labor Day- but he went in early and came home around lunch time so we could go to the beach with Jon. Josh, Lisa, and Tanner were there too! It was so much fun! The weather was perfectly cool and the beach was not crowded at all! And we didn't hit any traffic! They were giving away free ice cream from this cool bus/truck when we got there and they held a watermelon eating contest and a sand castle building contest on the beach. 3 Arch is such a classy place and I love it there.

The kids being creative at my mom's

Kaitlin sent me this funny video of a little girl about Rayleigh's age who had a whole "Ninja Warrior" course set up in her back yard. She said Rayleigh needed something like that! Well, who needs all of that equipment when you have big old boxes?!



The other day we were working in the yard and I laid Ella down in the hammock. She LOVED it and slept for a super long time! I hate putting her down but it was nice to get some work done and have her be so content outside in the fresh air.



Cami brought us dinner on Sunday which was so incredibly sweet of her! Jessi was dying to hold the baby and got in plenty of snuggle time. Cami is so thoughtful! I love my sister!



It randomly rained one day and the kids love to play with the hose too. This was them "jumping in muddy puddles"!


We always like to try and have a fun movie night on Sundays. This day was Wonder Woman. It was a little intense for the babies and Tanner was kinda bummed that I spent most of the movie folding laundry and cleaning up the kitchen. ha ha A woman's work is never done. I WISH I could just sit and watch a movie! But when there's chores to do, I have a hard time sitting down. Can't beat this big screen though!

Oh this precious precious baby face. I love her so much!

The kids fell asleep on the way to the beach which was great because that give them more happy energy to play!


Ella is so good in the car.


Woo hoo! My happy place! Look at those 2 cute sons of mine!

Jack's mischievous face... wonder what he was up to...




Rayleigh was so happy to be at the beach, playing in the sand and the waves. The beach is totally her element. Well, anything outdoors actually!

I wanted to get a cute picture of me and Ella. She was in her Solly most of the time. HER happy place. :-)







My most entertaining child.





Parker and the crew went exploring around the rocks.







My lovey dovey boy. All my kids are super affectionate and I try to be deliberate in my hugs and cuddles. I never want any of them to feel left out of depleted in their physical attention from me.


Our attempt at a family photo. Ray was far too busy to sit still and smile.




This one makes us laugh... there she goes! "Get me outta here!"


Parker had a blast with the big kids! He swam in the ocean, played on his body board, hiked the tide pools.... He's such a good kid and I love his happy attitude!



Checking out the guy in the para-sail.




They all sat here and waited for the tide to come up. The giggled with glee when the waves finally touched them.







Jack became more brave with the waves!












The next day it was time for Daddy to go back to work again. I'm not kidding you, he's been working until like midnight or later most nights! They miss him! And Jack is my child who loves Daddy the very most. He's a Daddy's boy. And he was very upset when Tanner was leaving for work. More often than not he chases him to the garage and cries when he leave in the morning.


My Mom has been so sweet and generous to come a couple times a week and help me with the kids. She feels like she should be doing more for me and I feel like I want to do more for her! ha ha I know it's exhausting keeping up with my wild ones so she is amazing to want to help me. And since Tanner has been gone 18 hours a day, it's been nice to have the company! Parker wanted to play a game after school and she considerately obliged.

I tried to get a picture of all 4 of my monkeys after they were all ready for bed. They are so adorable when they are fresh from the shower!






Ray: "And..... that's enough of that."

Look ma! I'm doing it! Sun up till way past dark (and all the hours in between). I'm taking care of these kids and doing a great job! We are all happy and healthy!


I've said it once and I'll say it again, there's nothing in this world I love more than to snuggle my new born babies. Why do they have to grow so quickly!





Another day with Nanny! Tracks and cars and baby Ella snuggles!

She's wearing the outfit Rayleigh wore when we brought her home from the hospital



Rayleigh has grown since then! She loves her baby Ella!






Ella is so smiley! I've never had a baby smile so much before their 6 week mark. She smiles all the time and it just completely melts my heart!


Tanner came home "early" one night to have dinner with us and help me get the kids to bed before going BACK to work. We enjoyed a little family swim sesh (in lieu of baths). It's been soooo hot! I'm hoping it cools off soon.... Just a little! Not a fan of the cold but I am excited to not sweat constantly and maybe wear a sweater at night. Check out Jack's epic dive! He's so brave!

Looks at us! We have 4 kids!`


They are so cute in their little water rings.



Still my most entertaining child. Making a funny noise....





"Mommy! I'm a mermaid!"

Parker had his first 4th grade project and he was a poster on the Coastal Region of California. Tanner and I both spent a long time with him doing research and Tanner helped him create this poster and got it printed out. I'm sad to say, apparently he got a C+ on it. We are not sure why so we are looking forward to meeting with his teacher for Parent/Teacher conference next week.

She is never too far from me....


They love to be ON me...


We had a little rain and then a beautiful FULL rainbow over our house and a gorgeous pink sky!!! It was magical! We also got news that Travis and Nicole are expecting their 5th baby! With all that is going wrong in the world, there are so many things going RIGHT. So much to be thankful for. So many blessings. The Lord is watching over His little flock. And I truly believe these little babies are being brought to the Earth with tremendous courage and strength to endure these last and final days. They are the chosen generation, born to lead and carry out the final chapter of God's plan. I've heard news that so many of my friends are pregnant, some who have been suffering from heart ache for many years with infertility. To me, these are significant miracles.



Have you ever seen a rainbow over the moon?! ha ha







She's so beautiful. Love that little tongue.



I can't move. The weight of a tiny baby body, the warmth over my heart... it's all so soothing and good for the soul.



Tanner has been "so tired".... uhhhhhhh????




Josi and her boys were able to stop by on their way back to Vegas on Sunday. She brought a cute little gift for Ella and her boys were so sweet  and happy! They are so well behaved and it was so fun to chat with Josi for a while! I'm so glad she lives closer now and that we can create these loving memories together.



We tried to take a family photo... the struggle is real.






I love my sweet sisters for coming to see me and meet baby Ella. I'm thankful for my dear mom who sacrifices so much to come out to my house and play with my kids and check on me. I'm grateful for Tanner and all his hard work to provide for us and keep us safe. And I'm eternally grateful for my 4 perfect, precious children. My heart is full. Family is forever and I'm so blessed with the best!



Comments