Rayleigh Kae's 4 Year Old Photo Shoot
Rayleigh's 4 year old shoot was so much fun. When she smiles, her entire face lights up. She is such a Ray of sunshine! Rayleigh is really blossoming and becoming an extraordinary little girl. She is a wonderful big sister and loves "her" baby Ella. She is sensitive to others' feelings, is a good friend, and is always up for a good time. She has a great attitude and is a smart little spit fire. I raised some concerns about her to the pediatrician. I was mainly worried about the fact that she's still a little speech delayed and is not ready for any type os school setting because she won't sit and is strong willed. But Annique said she follows commands like a champ, is happy, and will sit and work on a project for extended periods of time. Her willfulness is something to be celebrated and not due to a lack of effective discipline. With speech therapy, she might mature and hone the skills necessary to verbally express her feelings and frustrations and be able to communicate more effectively.
Rayleigh is smart and is especially fond of math. She loves creating and is very tactile. She would rather be playing on the dirt hill amongst the trees, leaves, and rocks than on the playground. She is fearless and can climb to any height and dive to the deepest depths. She is a phenomenal problem solver and will often not ask for assistance with something that seems like it would outwit her abilities. For example, shortly after we brought Ella home from the hospital she wanted to hold her (I was laying in bed.) I asked her to wash her hands but she couldn't reach the sink. I thought she'd get mad and cry or go ask her Daddy for help. But she grabbed the soap and took it to the bath tub where she could easily complete the task on her own. She also has a great memory. Jack and Ray always ask where Nanny is (if we can go to her house or have her come over... they are pretty much obsessed with my mom). On Thursdays my parents work in the temple and on the way to take Parker to school one Thursday morning they asked where Nanny was. I said she was at the temple with Bebo. Later that night, Jack asked where Nanny was and Rayleigh replied, "She's at the temple with Bebo."
Rayleigh is the sweetest prayer sayer and will speak in a tender, soft voice when she prays. When I lay her down at night she will frequently talk about Jesus. She tells me He is coming soon and will give me a big hug. When she sees the moon at night she will say that Jesus is coming from over the moon to come to our house. Whenever she talks about Jesus I get chills and it makes me wonder where she is getting these ideas. The spirit? Her imagination? I tell her every time how much Jesus loves her.
She tells us all the time how we are her "best friends". But she is MY best friend and I love her so much. She brings so much fun and love and JOY into my life. She is sweet and spunky and I would not have her any other way.
She weighs 34 pounds and is 41 1/2 inches tall.























Comments