Peterson Party of 6

This week has been amazing. Lots of baby snuggles. lots of help with the kids from friends, more delicious meals, and visits from my mom! It's kinda funny that I keep having children when I get so excited to see them walk out the door to spend a few hours at a friends house. Having all this help makes me feel like a celebrity- "nannies", personal chefs, deliveries (Amazon for everything including groceries). But it's also incredibly humbling. Truth be told I am still healing from these 2 major surgeries and my strength and energy is not back to normal, despite feeling so wonderful. I am still sore and tender. 
Tanner is gearing up for survey so he's been working longer hours. I had to do the whole bedtime routine all by myself for the first time on Thursday while he was out interviewing his new DON. And on Friday, after Ella's and my appointments, he wen in to work and didn't come home until 1am, He even worked on Saturday! But we are forever grateful for a great job that pays for this beautiful life we are living!

Tiny naked baby

Rayleigh shows love in the form of how many blankets she piles on the baby. She loves Ella A LOT.



Parker loves to hold the baby and sometimes I share. He's the best!



Feeling accomplished when I take care of all these tons of kids all by myself.



She is just so beautiful. And she smiles. She looks right at you, square in the eye and smiles. And then your heart melts.







Best Nanny ever! She played with play-dough and games, chased them and fed them. She brought little gifts and a new floatie for the pool and since it was a million degrees (seriously, like 115) she got in the pool with them too!


Jack's been a little potty training man, still my most entertaining child, but playing on the side lines. His new obsession is Paw Patrol. He takes it very seriously as you can see. Tonight he came galloping into my room saying, "Mommy! I'm a cowboy!" He fake sleeps and snores super fast. He can't say "play game" and always say "kay blame". Every time he gets out of the shower and wrapped up in a towel, he lays down on the floor, covers himself completely in his towel, and begs me to tickle him. He loves to play hide and seek or when I follow behind him with a toy car or plane and play "pretend" with him. He is super hilarious and I love him so much!

She loves her Daddy!

"Come on Mom! No more pictures!"

The kids went to Jill's one day while I rested and healed. They had a blast!

My Solly Wrap came in the mail! I love it so much! My mom was here the day it arrived and helped me figure it all out. It's so comfortable and Ella snuggles right down in it. It's seriously a game changer because now I can hold  her AND use both hands!


Trying to capture how tiny she is.








They also went to Courtney's one day and played with their favorite toy, the hose!

THE best big sister! She is so sweet with Ella. She speaks so softly to her, holds her, feeds her a bottle, sings to her, and tries to comfort her when she cries. I just love their sisterly bond!



She wants to do everything I do. Including nurse the baby with her "boo boos". She wanted to "wear" a baby too so I used a scarf and helped her with my tiny Madame Alexander doll which was mine when I was her age.





This meme is my life


Jon holding ME when he was about 10 years old/ Parker holding Ella at 10 years old

Jon holding me/Jon holding Ella

Me on my blessing day- about a month old



I love this picture of my mom and me

Bebo's first time holding little Ella



This was on our way back home after our doctors appointments on Friday. The kids spent the morning with my mom. They were so tired on the drive home but still held hands.



Ella's belly button fell off so she enjoyed her first dip in the pool with Daddy. She loved it!




The pediatrician was impressed with Ella's strength during tummy time and she weighed in at 8 pounds 5 ounces so she is ALMOST back up to her birth weight at 2 weeks old. The supplementing is working! She is such a good baby and I love holding her all day and night.
My appointment went well too. My wound is healing nicely and we were able to show Dr. Johnson the birth video that Tanner made. I cried of course and she loved it.
We are all happy and healthy and feel so blessed. Tanner's work is busy but fulfilling and he's doing so well. It's a busy time of life but so so good. 







Comments