Christmas 2021

Christmas Eve was a wonderful day! It was a little rainy and chilly and we snuggled up inside for most of the day. Tanner only worked 1/2 the day which was a nice surprise. We worked together in the kitchen to made our turkey feast which was a huge help to me because I was feeling kind of lazy and not wanting to do it. But it turned out sooooo yummy and we had a ton of leftovers.
I finished reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with the kids so we watched that movie and the kids loved it. Ella and I watched Little Women all cuddled up under a cozy blanket. We read Luke 2, put on our matching Jammies, set cookies and milk out for Santa, and sprinkled magical, glittery reindeer food on the lawn. We wrapped up the top of the stairs per tradition and slept soundly with visions of sugar plums dancing in our heads.
The next morning was so fun! The kids were so happy and excited! Parker got a Light Saber from Santa and lots of new clothes, Rayleigh and Jack got pogo sticks, clothes, LEGOS, and a yoga drum. Ella got puzzles, A Bluey Toy, and a pretty doll from Nanny. Tanner got batteries and clothes. And I got a Soda Stream to turn my water sparkling which I love! I got Tanner a towel warmer which was a huge hit too.
When we were all done opening presents and eating breakfast, we asked the kids if they saw what Santa had brought them. They didn’t even notice! They never could figure out what to even ask Santa to bring them- they are such well adjusted, content kids. So we brought them outside to show them the pool all warm with steam rising from the top of the water and a brand new blow up water slide! Wow! They were excited! They spent the rest of the day swimming and splashing- another favorite Christmas tradition.
I was super sad when Tanner informed me that his parents were declining our request to have them watch the kids for our cruise. I was mostly sad that they are missing out on an opportunity to really bond with our kids and create some special memories with them. It kinda ruined the middle of the day. But Tanner pulled me out of my gloom and we ended the day on a high note with good left over food and lots of chocolate. (A 6 foot Reeses and a Giant Sized Hershey's Kiss) We watched Encanto as a family and laughed together like we did all morning long. It was a nice day and I’m so happy we have always had such blessed Christmases!







































 

Comments