Rayleigh and Ella's Dance Recital and Tanner's Work Party
On Sunday my mom gave a beautiful talk in church and I was able to watch it via YouTube while I was at my own church meeting. It worked out perfectly- she began speaking right when I dropped off the kids in Primary. I'm so thankful for technology so I could see her cute face and listen to her wise words.
I have to acknowledge, too, that Tanner has been outstanding lately. He's been getting up early and taking Parker to seminary, reading his scriptures, helping me unload the dishwasher (which I hate) and making the family a nice breakfast. He seems happier and is a better husband and father lately. Let's hope this trend continues!!!
After church, we had to RUSH to eat and get the girls ready before their call time. Out of 36 numbers, Rayleigh was number 26 and Ella was 35. It was a long show but so cute and fun to watch. The girls did an absolutely fantastic job! I'm so proud of them! They both LOVE dance and have worked so hard this year. They both had the same teacher- Miss Madison.
On Monday, Ella had a hard time waking up for school- cute little darling. But after school we did our annual "cousin shop" at the Dollar Store and then I got ready for Tanner's work party at the Jergensen's. It was another White Elephant party so this time I tried a little harder and came up with a "Buddy the Elf Meal Kit" and a box of Reese which I know Jeremy loves. We had a nice catered dinner but I felt like a fool when all of the girls gathered together and ate in the kitchen and I was all alone in the dining room. Soon the boys came and sat by me but I put my foot in my mouth the first second someone talked to me and quite frankly, it ruined the night for me. I felt like an outcast and I did NOT want to be there. But the White Elephant was a little nicer than Erika's and there were some cool gifts. Jeremy gave each administrator $100 but as soon as the party was winding down, I bailed. Tanner stayed and they played games and sat in the hot tub. I'm really glad Tanner has found a company where he feels like he has a fraternity- I just hope I can get to know people more quickly and get over this awkward stage!
The rest of the week was filled with more and more and more parties!!!!
Parker was "super supportive" and sat in the very back. ha ha He's a good sport!


Comments