Parker’s MCO Concert and More!
Last Sunday we had - nice day at church. I helped in the primary again. That evening we went to Follow the Star which is one of our favorite Christmas traditions. We ran into the Cooper’s when we arrived and realized that our kids all match up an age and were so cute together! The kids loved the crèche display and the live nativity was beautiful as usual. It was packed though! Tons of people showed up this year. My whole family was there but I barely got to see them because of the mobs of people. After we left Follow the Star, we went to Irvine Park Railroad to walk around and look at the lights. But Jack was having a hard time with his behavior and we ended up leaving soon after we arrived. He apologized and said he was just tired. Poor guy, I’m sure he is really tired! I am too!
This week has been filled with more festive fun! Monday we watched Home Alone and ate cheesy pizza as a family. Tanner has been super great lately and even sent me flowers just because. I think he’s really hitting his stride with North American and he is finally feeling confident in all aspects of his life. He gets up early in the morning to take Parker to seminary and then makes us all a big breakfast. The best part is that he empties the dishwasher for me! I hope we can keep this trend going and that we can see a blossoming in this next decade.
Tuesday I took the kids to California Adventure. It might be the very last time we get to go this year so we tried to make the most of it. We had a great time and it’s always fun to listen to the Christmas music and see all the Christmas decorations. And everyone was brave to go on the "up-and-down-scan-your-hand ride". That afternoon Rayleigh had piano lessons and then we made gingerbread houses.
Wednesday I felt like I had so much to do! Shopping and wrapping and traditions and chores… But Ella slept in and the whole day got started a little later than I had planned and I felt like I was playing catch-up all day. But that night the kids and I joined Tanner and Parker at mutual. I promised them that I would get them each a milkshake from Chick-fil-A so we got dinner and yummy shakes and then met the youth in Brea as we walked around a fantastic neighborhood and looked at all the lights. Tanner and I were a little confused when Parker‘s friend that’s a girl showed up and walked around with him. We are not ready for this! What do you do when your kid wants to start dating? UGH!
Thursday was the day we’ve all been waiting for! It was Parker‘s big Christmas MCO concert and it was fabulous! I dropped him off for dress rehearsal and then took the Littles and walked around South Coast Plaza for some Christmas cheer. Again, Jack’s behavior was not to my standard. But we had a good talk and he shaped up. We got a box of Sees candy and nothing can really top how fancy South Coast Plaza is! We had Bekah Tolley babysit and Rayleigh was picked up by Kathy Brown for a cute "Birthday Party for Jesus" for Activity Days. I met my parents and Tanner at the Segerstrom for the concert. It was truly amazing and my very favorite part of the Christmas season. Tanner is ready to join MCO again and he’s excited! After the 5 o’clock show I rushed backstage to help with the 8 o’clock show. They wanted to make me a leader with a walkie-talkie and everything, but there’s no way I could’ve done that. I was way out of my league! But being backstage with those teenage boys was so fun! They are all so remarkable, polite, and handsome! Heavenly father must be so proud of them! When the concert ended Parker and I were exhausted and so happy! We grabbed a bunch of McDonald’s and enjoyed a nice warm car ride home.
Today is Friday and I’ve been able to catch up a little bit more. The kids have had no screen time today and while I was at Courtney‘s barre class they just played and colored and were so creative. I’m so proud of them! We are going to the Bladh's Christmas party tonight and it’s going to be so fun! So tune in next time to hear how the weekend was!


Comments