Ushering in the Christmas Season
This week was SUPER busy!
I hurt my throat and I'm pretty sure I’m not going to remember anything because it was all such a whirlwind. But we did it ALL and it was fantastically fun!
On Monday, I took Rayleigh and Jack to Disneyland while Ella was at school. I was trying to have some one on one time with them but I feel like I spent the whole time telling them to “keep their feet on the ground”- literally. Rayleigh had a great evening at gymnastics and Parker stayed home allll day. Ha ha Ella went to Luke’s house to play after preschool and was so happy to do that!
On Tuesday, I took all the kids to Disney and it was fun! I love the holidays at the parks. We did a few more big rides which was cool. And Rayleigh wore her cute, sparkly Santa dress and SO many people complimented her and told her how adorable she looked.
Wednesday, I took Rayleigh and Jack down to Newport and we met RaShelle and Bekah Tolley at the temple to take Bekah’s mission pictures. They turned out so great! We walked around the temple and then headed to Corona Del Mar for a few more. The beach was foggy and empty which made for the perfect pictures. Rayleigh and Jack loved climbing around on the rocks and it was a nice time. (Although, bringing the 2 of them on a photo shoot was a little crazy). We came home and Tanner brought me lunch which was soooo great. Ella was playing with Mia at Haley’s house. So we had an hour to eat together and chat and I worked on Bekah’s pictures. That night, I went back DOWN to Laguna Hills (after dance) for my mom’s book club. We had some wonderful hors d’oeuvres around Kathi Brooks’ beautiful table and then had a book exchange! I made my mom get the cook book I brought (ha ha) and that meant that she didn’t go home with the book she wanted. So I ordered it for her- a Dalin H Oaks book. It was a super late night and I drove home in the fog. But it was nice to have a little time for myself to enjoy a lovely time with these ladies I admire and respect so much. They are so kind and warm towards me.
Thursday morning I attended a swanky “Favorite Things” party at Liz Jergensen’s home. I didn’t know anyone there besides Christine. But I was able to meet and get to know a few more administrator wives. The brunch was so yummy and very impressive. Everyone brought their A game! The gifts were fabulous and I think we all had a really great time hearing from everyone what some of their favorite things were and going home with a few new goodies! Liz totally out did herself and gave EVERYONE a gift! It was so fun! I gave out a little Christmas cottage with a light inside and little Christmas trees to make a mini scene and my favorite gum, crystal light, and pumice. I went home with lip gloss, a candle, some new kitchen gadgets, and a few other things. Woo hoo!
That night, we went to my parents while Parker was at MCO and I worked on the family history project that I’m trying to get done before Christmas. I was sooo nervous about bringing Livy and the other kids home from MCO because Liv has been completely awful to Parker- she treats him like garbage and is basically so hurt and angry with him for liking “her friend”, Sydney. But it ended up being ok. Foggy on the drive home, again!
Friday, after I dropped Ella off at preschool, I took the kids to Target to shop for our refugee family. We ran into Jack’s friend, Wyatt which was a thrill for the kids! We got 5 refugee kids each an outfit and a toy. Warmed my heart to see the kids trying so hard to pick out the perfect thing. I struggled to explain to the kids what these kids have been through… Jack teared up. He’s so sensitive. But I hope we make this family’s Christmas season a little bit more magical.
We grabbed some Capriotti’s sandwiches for lunch and picked up Ella. After lunch I took the kids to iFly and they had the best time! Their instructor, Matt Miller, was excellent! He played with them (they even ran around and played tag with some of the guys like world’s best uncles!) Rayleigh and Jack were ear to ear smiles the entire time!!!
That night, I had NO voice and my throat was hurting so badly! Too much talking and too many late nights! I tried to get a date night together with Courtney and Jill but neither of them could do it. So it was just me and Tanner which was nice. I totally melted when we drove away. I yawned like 1 million times because I was finally NOT driving and NOT in charge of making dinner or anything. We went to Roger’s Garden and strolled around enjoying the Christmas vibes. It’s always so gorgeous there. Then we went to Fig and Olive for dinner. We had the best server we’ve ever had! He was so kind and thoughtful- when our dinner was taking too long, he made sure to offer us dessert on the house. And when I said that my throat was hurting he offered to bring me warm water with lemon and honey. We had never been to Fig and Olive but it was so good! I’m going to be craving it! I got the pasta which was homemade and Tanner got the steak. We were so full after but the food was light and didn’t feel heavy in our tummies. When we got home, Parker had just gotten the kids to bed so we could snuggle down and watch 1/2 of a movie (The Holiday) before falling asleep.
Saturday was a busy day. Tanner took Parker to his last MCO rehearsal before their performance on Thursday! The girls each had their dress rehearsals for their dance recital. Then we had the ward Christmas party! It was excellent and so well put together! We saw Santa, did a few fun crafts, and had a yummy dinner! Tanner helped smoke some meat and was in charge of the sound system (crucial). It was fun to see all of my friends whom I haven’t seen or spent any time with lately! I miss them and wonder if they miss me too. 😢 The primary Christmas musical numbers dressed up for the nativity was my favorite. They were precious! Rayleigh was a little bummed about not having wings for her angel costume. But we stayed a little late to help clean up and the kids had so much fun with their friends and were really well behaved!
Today is Sunday, a day of rest! But no, we have another busy day! Full of the true meaning of Christmas, though! Stay tuned!
A picture I found from my baptism day! What a treasure! Jana and I are so cute!
Decorating the tree!


Comments