Our 40th Birthday Get Away to Disney

Over a year ago, Jana and I were talking about what we wanted to do for our 40th birthdays and she said she wanted a Disney day without kids! Sounded good to me so I threw the idea out to a few more friends and Angel and Ashley were able to come! It was soooo fun being together. Ashley's husband is a pilot so she was able to fly all the way from Georgia. So cool! I picked everyone up in the early morning and we got the parks right around 8am. We spent a few hours at Disneyland doing all our favorite rides and then scored a lunch at the Blue Bayou. I'm still dreaming about Jana's monte cristo sandwich. It was so nice sitting in the cool restaurant and talking about everything. I asked Ashley about what the world thinks about Mormons and we were all pretty shocked to hear that she didn't realize we believed in Jesus! Like, what?!?! So, we had a cool discussion about religion that was very uplifting. We headed to California Adventure and cruised around over there, got some ice cream from the Cozy Cone and sat and talked about marriage and such for another hour. Those were the best times. 

We laughed and maybe cried a little. Got in alll the steps. Talked about everything from high school to being 40. I am so thankful for these beautiful women who truly bring out the best in me. I can honestly say that I've never once been in a fight with Jana and that's huge because we've known each other since birth. I remember playing at her house when we were 3, going to pre school together (ok, we fought over who got to be boyfriend/girlfriend with Patrick and there was that one time she got mad at me for pushing her too hard on the tire swing and making her throw up in the playdough). We went through all of elementary school together, got baptized together, went to seminary and high school together, had our 18th birthdays together... and here we are married 20 years with 9 kids and still going strong in our friendship. The bond is unbreakable and how blessed am I to have such an incredible friend? All of these girls!!! They are all so special to me! My heart could burst. 
Now, let's go to Georgia and see Ashley!

And a big shoutout to my friend, Christelle, who stayed up late the night before making these cute matching sweatshirts for us and for Erika and Haley who let us borrow their Mickey shirts! For some reason it's just more fun when we match!



















Jana's Tribute:













 

Comments