Mom's Great to be EIGHT-Y Birthday Party

 We got home from Hawaii and spent a couple days just regrouping and getting organized for my mom’s big 80th birthday party. I took the kids to the Montage on Friday because last year I remember the water being calm and warm like Hawaii. Well, it was warm but NOT calm. The kids had fun swimming in the shore break but had to be “rescued” twice by the life guard. We stayed at the beach for a couple hours and then snuck into the pool to rinse off. I just love the Montage so much. The bathrooms are so pretty. It makes you feel so special just being there. Ray asked the concierge about the cute pink wallpaper in the bathroom. I love that she has such an eye for design and the guts to ask questions. It makes people feel good! When we got there, there was NO parking so we parked up at the shopping center and got Golden Spoon so we looked legit leaving our car there. So that was yummy and fun!

After the beach, we went to my parent’s house to pick up some things, shower, and have dinner. My mom made us a delicious meal of sloppy joes, corn on the cob, and summer veggie salad! She’s the best!

Her 80th birthday was epic. Sueann is a legend. Boyd and Debbie hosted and the venue could not be topped. Their property overlooks the ocean on all sides and it’s just magnificent. Tanner and I arrived at 11:30am and unloaded all our provisions and supplies. The tables and chairs were delivered at noon and then we got lunch at the Habit because we were all starving. It was delish.

Cami arrived around 2pm and we were able to start setting the tables. She helped me make 10 flower arrangements and they turned out so pretty! We set up all the millions of pictures and memories and “favorite things” I made for my mom. Luis came with Kailo, Teo, and Nico and they did a fantastic job with the taco bar! Without them, the party would not have been a success! I’m so so thankful!

Right at 5pm the guests started to arrive and Shelley and her dad Duane were one of the firsts. It was so good to see them and it made my mom so happy to have her cousin there! Shelley was a HUGE help getting the cake sliced and set out. I had to leave the fruit and cake to the last minute because it was a hot day, but it all worked out! We set the fruit and salsas and things on a table with butcher paper and cute label stickers on the paper. We had all kinds of cake displayed on a dessert table and Ray made the cutest little signs to label all of the desserts. Tanner brought his awesome sound equipment and we had great music playing.

We started the party with a beautiful prayer given by Jon and then everyone dug in to the food and enjoyed the company and the view. At 6:30pm Kari finally arrived and we were able to sing Happy Birthday to my mom. Parker made her the most scrumptious chocolate cake! We took a bunch of pictures and everywhere you looked there were joyful smiles on everyone’s faces. It was truly such a special night.

It took us a couple hours to clean up but we had fun as we did. The kids ran around and played and said it was the best night ever. Ray said, “Debbie sure does live the life!” Yes! She does! She was off to the Cotswolds with friends the next day!

My heart is so full. My mom did NOT want a big party to highlight her turning 80. But I did! And I knew I’d regret not making it happen. She was elated after it all and I know she got the love and attention she deserves. She does SO much for SO many people and she truly deserved a night focused on her and all of the ways she is the best person in the whole wide world!

Everyone loves SueAnn! What a night! Happy birthday mama!!!!
















































































Comments