Reunited and it Feels so Good!

Kirkland, Ohio









Parker spending some time with Tanner in class!

First thing's first! Got our library card!








Hello Mr. President!

Pennsylvania is beautiful!



Before

After!






Well, I guess you could probably guess that my mom, Parker, and I made it to Coudersport safe and sound on Tuesday. We has absolutely NO problems with traffic, the car, or each other and I know we were truly watched over and protected on our journey east. We made tons of priceless memories and I'm so thankful for a kind, generous, positive, encouraging, supportive mom who held my hand through this whole huge, life changing process. She's an angel and I love her more than words could ever say!!!


Tanner stalked us via satellite (he could see where I was because our phones are linked) and guided us into Kirkland, Ohio to see the temple there and then into Coudersport, PA! We drove through SO many states! We are well traveled for sure!

We got in late but tanner was up and ready for us! Oh man! Was he a sight for sore eyes! I could not let him go! And he helped bring our bags in!!! It's the little things, people. Parker was asleep when we pulled up but when he opened his eyes to see his Daddy he about flew out of his car seat. He threw his arms around tanner and gave him the biggest squeeze! The first thing i noticed about our new home were the stars!! So many of them!!! When we talked inside we noticed how Tanner made a cute basket for mom and set up the beds and everything for us so nicely.  It was pretty bachelor pad-ish when we first got here but I'm putting my mark on everything and I think tanner likes a woman's touch. ;-)

The next day it was nose to the grindstone for tanner. PA school doesn't stop for anything! Mom and I tired to use out time wisely by unpacking and cleaning, getting a library card and checking out swimming lessons... Oh, and I flirted my way into some extra wood from some guys working on a house. They were SO nice (well, EVERYONE is so nice) but I was able to made a pretty rad book shelf for Parker. Pictures to follow... Parker made friends with the little Indian boy, Swari, next door. I think the boys will have fun playing together. But their house smells like curry all day long and I think I'll remember PA when I smell curry in the future... Ha ha

Friday after school we loaded up and drove to josi's house in Washington DC!! It was an absolutely gorgeous drive and we were even lucky enough to see fire flies out the windows when it grew dark. It was soooo good to see Josi and baby James! They have a cute house right on the Potomac with a pretty garden out front! We talked for about an hour and then it was time for bed! It was about 1am! She got up and made us all pancakes for breakfast before tanner, Parker and I had to hit the road again. I hated to say goodbye to Josi and mom! It was like cutting the cord with mom! We've been connected at the hip for so long! :-) but there's no where I'd rather be than with my husband so it was a happy good bye! We drove downtown and saw the Washington monument and the white house and stuff before heading out! We are so excited to go back and explore some more!

Tanner's class had to do a research project and present their work to some forest rangers. Today was the day for the presentation so we drove up through the most breathtaking PA forests to get to the ranger station where the class was meeting. It was so fun and I was so glad to see his classmates again and get to know Doc a little better (his professor).

Tanner went back to school tonight to study some more and I kept busy with my little projects but I'm happy to report that's it's all coming together! Tonight while I was reading to Parker he said, "I love our new house! I wish we could stay here for 100 years!" We are so lucky to be here and have been so blessed! Love you!! Xoxo

Comments