July 1st: Baby Blessings and Birthday Parties

Jacob: the proud Papa

Berkley

Bennet

Kalio- my favorite ONE year old!












Yesterday was busy! And hot! Geeze! When you are used to cool ocean breezes this dry desert heat it a killer! Parker and I left Vegas yesterday morning and drove to St George for Jacob and Deidres baby's blessings. It was so sweet and such a phenom to see Jacob bless one baby and then switch and bless the other. What a miracle that was for their family. They invited us to lunch after the meeting and I was the designated photographer for all the family pics while everyone was still in their church clothes. Lunch was way yummy and I was so glad I could be there for Jacob. He reminded me that I've been to his wedding and mission farewell and pretty much all the pivotal moments in his life. It's really just been luck but I'm SO happy to have shared those special times with him. 

*I told him I emailed Jessie about staying with her in Boston when we go and that I felt awkward because she hasn't ever written me back. He said not to worry, shes in Africa. And before that they were cruising Europe. Oh, ok. No big deal. Ha ha

We left St George and drove straight to Mikailo's first birthday party! They held it at a park by their house. Luis made carne asada and chicken and there was ceviche and stuff. It was yummy! Charity and her family were there and so was Jake so that was cool! It was still kinda awkward for me and I really wished I'd had you there with me. Now that it's getting closer I can kinda let myself feel the pain of missing you. It sucks. I never wanted to complain too much in front of Parker because you know how sensitive he is. But it's just one more week and we'll be together!!!

Anyhoo, the party was fun. They had a piñata and Luis shoved Kailo's face in the cake and made him cry. Angel was pissed. So we made Luis shove his face in the cake too. Ha ha (someone told him to do it... It was pretty sad) A group played soccer at the end and Parker loved that! He is definitely lacking in skill but we'll work on that. He got hit in the head with the ball and that was enough for him to want to leave. 

We are staying in Sundance and it's beautiful minus all the smoke in the air from the terrible fires. And it's HOT, like, way hot. Parker made me sleep by him and he kept me awake all night. I haven't been sleeping well at all and I probably won't be until I get there and settled into MY bed. All the new sounds and stuff at new places every night doesn't bode well for a good night's sleep. 

Well, study hard this week. We are almost there! Get ready! Here we come!! Love you!! Remember to be nice!!!

Comments