Rayleigh's First Birthday!
My princess is 1 year old!
This year has been heavenly. Rayleigh has been nothing but pure joy in our lives. She makes everything brighter and better. From the moment I found out I was pregnant with her, seeing her little body on ultrasound, listening to her heart beat, feeling her kick and move, giving birth to her, nursing her and watching her grow- it's all been truly magnificent. She is such a beautiful daughter and a brilliant ray of light in our lives. I can't thank my Heavenly Father enough for blessing me with such a sweet baby girl. I love you so much, Rayleigh Kae!
It's funny because as much as as anticipate the first birthday's of our children, they really could care less. They literally have no idea that the day is any more special than yesterday or tomorrow. But, we tried our best to spoil her and make her dreams come true on her birthday.
First picture of my big 1 year old!
Parker let her "play the wii". She loved it!
I guess I went a little overboard trying to capture every detail of her first birthday... here she is eating a snack!
And this wiggle worm wouldn't hold still so that I could take a picture of her next to the bear Parker gave her the day she was born. She had grown soooo much!
She LOVES the pool so we took the kids out for a swim!
And Parker had soccer practice so here's my little cheeser girl hamming it up on the sidelines!
Sweet Nicole sent pictures of the kids wishing Rayleigh a Happy Birthday!
Miss Rayleigh Kae is 24 pounds and is the 90th percentile for height and weight. She can take about a dozen steps but is still preferring to crawl. She can stand up in the middle of the room and has good balance but she's not too sure about walking yet. She can say Mama, Dadda, Nanna, Baba, Go Go Go (let it go), and Ya. She loves chicken and blueberries. She is enthralled with Baby Einstein and she can't get enough beach time in. She still naps in her swing (I know, I know) and is great about taking walks to the park. She knows where her belly button is and can identify eyes. She puts a pretend phone to her ear and says, "heeeeeeooooo" in a little high pitched voice when we say, "Rayleigh! Who is it?" or when she sees anyone on the phone. She loves when Daddy throws her on the bed and she is NOT afraid of the water. She goes to bed at 7pm and wakes up at 7:30am and takes one nap from 10am-1pm each day. She loves to play IN the dishwasher and pull stuff off the shelves. She loves to try on hats and will yank the earrings right out of your ears! She's super girly when it comes to jewelry. (I want to get her ears pierced) She loves music and will stop and dance if she ever hears a song. She has 2 teeth on the bottom and 4 on the top. And plenty of rolls to go around. She is the sweetest thing in the whole wide world and we love her to the moon past the solar system!
Happy Birthday Sweetheart!!!


Comments