Zoomars
Yesterday I took the kids to Zoomars for a little outdoor adventure. I feel like I've been non-schooling Parker this past month. I'll admit I could be doing better but under the circumstances I think we are getting by ok. Un-schooling is basically letting your children learn in a non school environment about anything they want to learn about! If they are into video games, have them play video games all day and research how they are made and strategies on how to win and so on. It's totally NOT my thing but I'm justifying.... Parker is super into dolphins and animals right now so why not taking him places where he can learn about them and interact with them as well? Cuz we sure as heck aren't getting a pet!
I felt like the baby needed to look like a cat for some reason so I used eye liner to draw on her face and then I took 2 minutes to hot glue her a set of cat ears using Parker's pipe cleaners. ha ha Getting crafty! She looked adorable and like 100 people stopped to admire her and tell me how cute she looked. ;-)
The first and only thing Parker really wanted to do was feed the guinea pigs. He did so well gathering them up and feeding them. He also sat down with a worker and asked all sorts of questions. He's such a smart little dude. He drives me nuts but he really is such a great kid. Rayleigh was in heaven! She was giggling with glee at all the little hopping creatures. And they are so good to tolerate grabbing baby hands. About 10 minutes later she was more into the hay (more specifically, eating the hay) than the actual animals so I took her out for a stroll to check out the other farm animals.
Can we all agree that llamas are funking looking? They are the strangest animals!
I'm sure you can imagine what 1 year old Rayleigh was like in the huge box of dried corn. Hence, no picture of her actually IN the huge box of corn.
The place was all decked out for Halloween and they even have a new play structure. It really is such a nice petting zoo! This is the iconic Zoomars dinosaur. A scary one for Halloween....
Totes ma goats.
This llama was whispering sweet nothings in my ear. I told Tanner not to be jealous.
Hello, cute bunny!
We had fun!
After the zoo we ran into the mall for some chippers. Yummmm. My mom had a little procedure that morning and was not feeling too well so we wanted to bring her something to cheer her up. ;-) Then we met Cami and Jon at soccer practice in Ladera! It was sooooo fun hanging out with my siblings! They truly are my best friends and I am soooo lucky to live close enough to them that I can pop over and hang out like that! Cami was busy with homework when we got there but soon after all the kids played on the playground and we got to chat. It was the best!
It's going to be strange when real life beings again!


Comments