Baptism "After Party"
We were the last ones to leave the church after the baptism and Tanner was anxious for us to get home and help with the party. He had taken Parker home to get things started and I had the littles. We rolled out of the church and turned left only to pass by the scene of an accident.
There was a man laying flat on the ground and a group of about 10-12 people staring down at home. One person had placed the man’s hat on his face and for a split second, I thought the man was dead. I whipped around and pulled over. I jumped out of the car and ran over to see if what was wrong. The man had been bucked from his horse and knocked unconscious. I knelt in the dirt in my white dress, put my ear to his chest to listen for a heart beat and checked for a pulse. I couldn’t find either so I started chest compressions. He was breathing unevenly and shallow and his eyes were half shut. After a minute, he tried to get up so I tried to keep him calm and explain what had happened. He had a bad head laceration on the back of his head. Rayleigh came running over, glowing like an angel in her white dress and proclaimed, “I have a wipe!!!” As she waved it in the air. I said, “Get a diaper from the car!” Which she did with lightning speed. She handed it to me and I opened it and placed it under the man’s head. She then used the wipe to clean the dirt off of him. She’s freaking amazing. Rayleigh is a complete and total stud. Jack on the other hand was freaking out and begging to go. When the police arrived, I asked him to take over. He was hesitant but put some gloves on and traded spots with me. I gave the man’s son, a 10 year old boy, who was totally shaken up, scared, and crying, a hug. I assured him that his dad was going to be ok and explained that he would be taken to the hospital and maybe kept overnight. He bonked his head and probably had a concussion and will need a few stitches but that he will be fine. I said it’s ok to be scared because this is really scary. But that he was being super brave and everything will be ok.
Then, we left.
Can we all just agree that Rayleigh and I probably looked like angels with the evening sun shining through our white dresses. I’m so glad we were able to help!
When we arrived at the house, the party was up and running! The women were in the kitchen chopping fruits and veggies, Luis was cooking up the meat outside, the kids were everywhere- playing video games, swimming and running around outside. It was loud and lively and I was HERE FOR IT! Party ON!
We hit the ground running (after I explained to everyone why we were late) and blessed the food and commenced eating the BEST tacos ever! We all chowed and it was so fun! Everyone was so happy! The cake Alyse made was next level. It was gorgeous and looked like a wedding cake. Everyone was so excited to dig into it. We sang Happy Birthday to Rayleigh and cut up a million pieces and dished up loads of ice cream and I can’t tell you how happy I was. I was on cloud 9!
It was so awesome to meet our new foster cousin, Isaiah! Josi and Matt are incredible parents and they are going to bless so many lives by being foster parents.
It was so fun having Angel there with all my family. Courtney and Robby came over and Erika and Josh came later, too. We had SO much food. Kai was too rough with Rayleigh and made her cry so she cuddled up with Grammy and her new blanket which really DID comfort her, just like Grammy said the Holy Ghost would do.
After everyone left and we spent some time cleaning up and getting our exhausted kids to bed, we all sat in the hot tub and Hardy was soooo adorable! He used the Otteroo to float and it was the cutest thing watching him be so relaxed and eventually fall asleep.
From start to finish, Rayleigh’s baptism day was utter perfection. I could not have dreamed up a more perfect day.
It was sad to say goodbye to our Peterson family the next day. They were sad to leave too because it was snowing in Idaho the day they left! But it was a good thing they were getting home because Kaitlin had her baby the next day!
What a joyful few days!
I am so proud of Rayleigh and her decision to be baptized. She did the work to learn what it’s all about and was happy and determined. Rayleigh, I hope you always stay true to the covenants you made at your baptism and that you stay close to the spirit all your life. There is nothing that will bring you more peace and joy. I love you with all my heart!!!


Comments