Flu Shots and Pumpkin City
The day after Kim and Kass arrive at home, Kaitlin welcomed her 3rd baby boy into the world. She'd gone to the hospital on Monday afternoon for her NST and the doctor informed her that they wanted to do a C section first thing the next morning. Luckily, Kim was on her way home and was hoping for good weather (it snowed all day Sunday and Monday) so she could easily get to Kaitlin and help her with the boys. The delivery was perfect and after just a quick 36 hours in the NICU, he was able to go home with Kaitlin and Travis. They named him Bowen Jack and he was 4 pounds, 10 ounces. He's precious and we are all so happy!
I pulled the kids out of school on Tuesday so we could all go down to Coastal Kids for Rayleigh's well check and squeeze in some flu shots. They are only doing flu shots on Fridays this year but Dr. Jugaunt allowed us to do them while we were there. So nice! I told the kids that if they took their flu shots without crying or fighting the nurse that I would get them Chick A Lay and take them to the Pumpkin Patch. And guess what?!?! They were outstanding! They were a little jittery and nervous but they giggled when they got their shots and were totally awesome! Rayleigh is completely healthy and staying on track with her growth pattern. She's 55 pounds (45th percentile) and 48.5 inches tall (25th percentile). I mentioned to the doctor some of her quirks and she said we don't need to worry about any of that unless it affects her self esteem. As of now, Rayleigh is incredibly loved, super supported by her amazing teachers, and is a bright ray of sunshine to all who come into contact with her.
I was so proud of my kids at the crazy doctor's office. Rayleigh even tried to help the front desk ladies with the printer. I got them all Chick A Lay as promised and we ate it at my parent's house. Then, they came with us to Pumpkin City. They each got to choose 2 things to do: Rayleigh and Jack did the swings, Ella and Rayleigh did the petting zoo, and Jack did the bouncy house and an "ax throwing" game. He was soooo bummed when he didn't get a bullseye and stomped off. Rayleigh was bummed when she saw Jack in the bounce house and we didn't have tickets for her to do it too. I sat down with them and had a chat about being thankful and that we will do a lot of more fun Pumpkin Patches and parties before Halloween. It took a minute, but they cheered up. They are all such good kids!
And since we weren't about to spend $100 on pumpkins, we cruised around the corner to Trader Joes for $3.50 pumpkins and even found a venus fly trap! The kids were stoked! It was a good day.
The kids have been so cute making little "love notes" lately. I love how they like to color and create.
Rayleigh and Ella are loving dance but Jack is not really liking basketball. He is struggling and only wants to do things he's immediately good at. But I'm trying so hard to encourage him to keep going and eventually he'll get better. Rayleigh had Activity Days and they did yoga at the park. She loved it! Parker is super happy about MCO and being involved with that. He is always shoulder to shoulder with Livy on the way home and is constantly making fun plans to hang out with her and their other friends. It's fun to see my parents or play with Angeluis when Parker is at rehearsal. Life is good!
Parker's baptism day 8/15/2015 and Rayleigh's baptism day 10/10/2021
I love you every day! And every infinity space!
I love you. You are fun. You are a cutie and nice. You are epic!!
Rayleigh's Chick Fil A order- chicken nuggets, fries with ketchup, ice cream
I'm dying over Jack's school pictures!!!!!! He's so handsome!!!!!
This was one of those times when I watched Rayleigh (just putting mail into the mailbox) and just cried with how much I love her. Look at her!!! She's everything. I can't help how much I love her!!!!!!
Also, may I add that I drove a total of 538 miles last week. And it costs about $90 to fill my tank every 5-6 days. That is all.

Comments