Disney, Car Work, and Laguna Hills Trunk or Treat

This week has been full of good deeds and good vibes! Despite having a LOT to do (school projects, car work, hosting Relief Society, and preparing for our cruise), we've kept our heads above water and had a ton of fun. 
On Tuesday, I took Parker and Ella to Disneyland. We got the BEST front row parking spot at Downtown Disney and took the Monorail into the park- something we haven't been able to do in a long time! Parker went off on his own to ride his favorite attractions while Ella was my little buddy. We rode on Casey Jr. Train and Story Book Boats for the first time and she LOVED it! I can't wait to take her at night when it's all lit up. We did teacups and Alice, too and then went to the Mad Hatter to make a special Minnie Mouse hat with ears for a friend of a friend who is dying of cancer. The Cast Members helping us gave us a discount because the hat was being made for a cancer patient and the amount of love that went in to getting this sweet stranger a special hat is remarkable. People are good. We got Wetzel's Pretzels on our way out to validate and felt pretty dang good about it!

That night, I hosted a really moving Relief Society night. My friend Lauren, who is a therapist, led a discussion on trauma and how we can heal from it. We've all faced trauma with Covid alone, and there is much more that we carry on our shoulders. She said self care isn't fun. It's hard work. Getting your nails done is nice, but it's not self care like getting a good night's sleep or exercising. Everyone brought a plate of goodies to share and we made a plate to take to a friend. It was a really great night!

Wednesday, I got my oil changed and spent a couple hours reading my Book Club book, and then Ella came with me to get my rotors checked. We walked over to Miguel's while we waited and she was the cutest little buddy! We shared some chips and guacamole and she played a new game on my phone- she was perfect and made me sooo happy snuggled up next to me! There was a sweet older couple who sat near us and they made it a point to talk to me and tell me what a good little girl Ella is. They told me I must be a good mom! Wow! Thank you! The man even helped me throw away my trash! 
Feeling all the feels, you guys!

That night, we joined our Laguna Hills crew and family for their Ward's Trunk or Treat! I dropped Parker off at Cami's and she took the big kid cousins to a stake dance- their first dance all together as big kids! So fun! Then, Parker spent the night at my parent's house. I had the littles and they had a blast with cousins, Nanny, Bebo, and Angel's boys! What a night! Josi invited Isaiah's mom and it was so good to meet her, too! Josi is incredible. I so admire her heart!

This morning, as I was taking out 1 more bag of trash, the garbage man pulled up and asked if he could take a few lemons. Of course! We are happy to share in our bounty! Made me feel good that he wanted them and that it was serendipitous that we met outside at the perfect moment. Courtney thoughtfully bought us plastic straws to take on our cruise so we don't have to suffer with the paper ones. She's the best!

I know I say it allll the time, but life is so great. We are definitely in a super sweet spot right now. I'm going to miss my kids so much when we are on our cruise because I genuinely LOVE spending my days with them and miss them when they are at school. They are such good kids but I know they will have fun with Grammy and Papa and Tanner and I are going to have the time of our lives!
At the end of it all, I know that because I've been given much, I too must give. Lift where you stand. Serve where you are. And take care of yourself!







We have a friendly competition while we are on the carousel or spinning on the teacups- we say to each other, "You're going dowwwwwwn". Whoever is  "up" on their horse is winning and when our teacup is spinning quickly, we are also "winning". This is our game face. ha ha














Ella wanted to be with Nanny and Bebo all night




Counting their booty and double fisting the candy!





 

Comments