Mexico Day 3: Xplor

 We all slept well and woke up a little later than we’d hoped. Everything takes longer than we anticipate with walking to the lobby and then taking the tram to the car. BUT, we were on our way about the same time (in California) that we go to school. So our bio rhythms are on track. Except poor Ella, she’s been having some tummy issues but she’s not letting it slow her down!

The first thing we did at Xplor (after gearing up with helmets) is the amphibious vehicles. Last time we did this, Tanner drove and it was not my favorite. But this time, he took Ray and Jack and I drove Ella and it was way more fun! She and I had a great time together and I kept telling her it was like the REAL Indiana Jones ride! It was bumpy and wild and so fun driving through the big puddles.
We then did the hammock splash which is essentially a zip line but you sit in a hammock and end in the water. The kids loved it and it was a fun way to start the day. Tanner took Rayleigh and Jack on the big new water slide they have here but Ella was too little. So she stayed with me and we did the hammock splash again and then the subterranean expedition! We took a hike through the caves and man, you know how I love spelunking!! It was so cool! We swam through the caves and went down a big water slide together. We stopped for a smoothie and a cold, refreshing beverage and she took a break on the swing in the shade. It was a fun hour just the 2 of us besties.
We met back up with Tanner and Rayleigh and Jack and sat down for lunch at the buffet. Jack had 3 more ice cream cones and we all enjoyed the food and filled our tummies up. Then we went zip lining. The zip line here is intense! 9 lines that run for over a mile. You have to climb a lot of stairs so it is not for the faint of heart! Rayleigh and Jack were able to go together and Tanner clipped together with Ella. It was a lot better than I thought it would be because usually zip lining isn’t my favorite. But it was cool! We ended in the water and each kid went solo and I was so proud of them for being so brave! It was rad.
After that, we did the cave expedition again and then did the cave river swim. Something about being in those caves just astounds me. It’s like being on Pirates of the Caribbean but not in a boat. Like you’re actually swimming in the water. When I was little, I always dreamed that would be so cool- to swim through the water rides. And here at Xplor, it’s like you get to do just that! The kids were happy and lively but we were all getting hungry so we stopped at the buffet for a quick dinner. More food. More ice cream. Nice full tummies.
We had just enough time to go the river raft activity which was cute and fun. If I’m not sore tomorrow from all of the climbing, walking, swimming, and paddling, I’ll be lucky. We had a fantastic day at Xplor and when we got back to our room, the leak was fixed. We are still hoping to milk this and get free tickets to something. But it’s nice that at least the room is good. We all took baths and showers and cleaned up for bed. I took a nice long bath and a shower while the kids watched a movie with Tanner.
Day 3 did not disappoint! Parker went to work and is now with my parents. Tomorrow he has to get a root canal because the surgeon screwed up his molar when they took his wisdom teeth out. But he’s happy to be there with them- they are like 3 peas in a pod. And he’s hoping to buy a mustang from a coworker this week! So he’s happy!
We’ll see what adventures tomorrow will bring!























































































Comments