Bad Day

Chandra and the horrible, terrible, no good, very bad day. 
I hated the fact that Tanner had to leave for 10 whole days. I was so scared being pregnant and not feeling well. I was so tired and felt alone and just wanted him to be with me. To top it all off I woke up Monday morning and the worst day ever started.
I was planning on meeting a friend later that day so I decided to TRY and do something with my hair. I put a ton of gel in it and was all ready to blow dry it (a rare occurrence) when the blow dryer completely died! So there I was with massive amount of wet gel on my head and no way to style it! Lucky for me it air dried to look like beach waves. Phew...
THEN, as I rushed to get Parker to school on time I realized that I'd LOCKED MY KEYS IN THE CAR. Great, just great. I had to call AAA and it took them about an hour to come to my rescue. So, Parker was late to school and I felt like an idiot.
I felt like upchucking all day and was in a pretty rotten mood. Then, that night after we were all asleep the baby started to cry and would not settle down. When I pulled myself out of my dream state I thought I heard a faint chirping sound. Oh no. Oh please no.
Oh yes.
It was the fire alarm. It needed new batteries. The fire alarm in the baby's bedroom. It totally woke her up. So I frantically jumped out of bed and rushed downstairs, dragged a tall chair up to her room and attempted to rip that sucker out of the ceiling. But we all know that you can't just take out the battery. So I rummaged through all of the batteries to find the correct one. No such luck. Meanwhile the baby was hysterical. So that was an added bonus. Finally I literally ripped the thing out of the ceiling and threw it under the couch cushions. Bye bye fire alarm. 
It took me a good hour to get the baby back to bed. Needless to say I was extra tired the next day.

There are no completely bad days, though. My visiting teacher randomly stopped by and brought me cookies and I received a sweet phone call from a friend. As much as I'd like to say, "Wow! Look at me with all my troubles!" I can honestly say I am too blessed to feel sorry for myself. I am beyond lucky to be living this life and though I may have hard moments, there certainly are no entire days that go by without smiles, cuddles, and tiny miracles.

 Hair dryers are over rated.


How can I not feel good looking at this precious blessing? 


Comments