Kassidy Comes Home From Spain!

We were so excited that Kassidy was coming home! We hadn't seen her since we all spent a weekend together in Utah a little before she left. We didn't make it to her farewell because we were in PA. So we were thrilled that we could participate in all of the homecoming festivities.
Tanner took a few days off to drive us all up to ID (and be with Parker on his first day of first grade) We didn't want to miss her stepping off of the plane in Idaho Falls and accidentally drove too fast. Ooops! Speeding ticket. Booooo.
But, we made it!!!!


Seeing the whole family (minus Travis and Nicole who had their own set of problems getting to Idaho on time- car trouble and potty issues) was wonderful! It was such a happy time and we loved being together to celebrate!!



We didn't have long to wait! She was off the plane in no time! She was traveling with her BFF who she served with in Spain, Hannah. What a perfect set up!





Travis and Nicole finally made it! They were a LITTLE late but it was just perfect because they were next in line for hugs! Kassidy was all smiles and bouncing and just the same old Kass! Just more beautiful of course.





First family photo in 18 months! 




Hugs for Parker!

Sister reunited!



Kassidy kissed the ground when she stepped outside. Classic.

Even though she was exhausted, Kassidy stayed up with us and shared some gifts and stories and was given a new iphone! Woo hoo!
(I stole a ton of pictures from Nicole....)

Kim and Monte made the BEST breakfast for us all the next morning. We had it all set up in the garage. It was perfect!





Later that day we visited Hazel's grave. She was the baby Travis and Nicole lost a few months ago. She was about 16 weeks along and they were able to have her buried on Nicole's brother's lap. Nicole was due to have her around this time so it was a very poignant visit. The kids made little gifts to leave at the grave site and we all said a sweet family prayer. I'm thankful we could share in this intimate family experience. We were, as usual, not able to make it to see them while they were going through the harrowing ordeal a few months ago. I'm so grateful for eternal families and the knowledge that this isn't the end for Hazel and her relationship with her family.




Gift time for the kids! Kassidy brought them back socks and fans and shirts and hats! Score!



It was chilly and raining on and off. It was touch and go if we were going to be able to take family pictures that afternoon. So while we waited we played!


Kassidy had a new nephew and a new niece to meet when she got home! The Peterson family is growing!!!







Kim made the best food for us! Hawaiian haystacks! Yum! I ate so much!!!!


When the whole family was gathered together Tanner and I suggested we take a quick family photo. I was shaking. I was sooooo nervous. The plan was to covertly take a video while pretending to take a picture, say "1,2,3.... everyone say, 'Chandra's pregnant!'" I have been having so much anxiety about this pregnancy and I really just wanted everyone to know. The plan worked out perfectly! It was the best experience! Everyone was so happy and excited for us and I felt so relieved to get the news out in the open! This is a quick picture I snapped while everyone was getting set up for the "picture".



I love the moments when we are all just hanging out relaxing as a family. Travis played the guitar and we sang some songs. It was so nice.




It looked like the sky was clearing up just for us! So we hurried to meet the photographer and quickly snapped as many pictures as we could! There were tons of bugs out which made taking pictures difficult. And poor Kesler was so tired. But we do what we do best and smiled and had a blast anyway!










The 2 that made this all possible!!!







That night we set up the projector and watched Frozen! Kassidy obviously hadn't seen it. We pulled up the trucks and set it up like a drive in. We had blankets and pillows galore. I could NOT stay awake. But we all enjoyed popcorn and Monte's famous dutch oven cherry chocolate cake!










Kesler fell asleep before the movie started. He was watching Mickey on the computer. Awwww

The next day was Sunday and we were all anxious to hear Kassidy's homecoming talk. Church started at 1 so we had the whole morning to spend as a family. We sat around and tried to get the babies to walk. McCoy is all over the place but Rayleigh is not interested...


Church was awesome. Kassidy did a phenomenal job and the spirit was so strong. Monte conducted the meeting and there were tons of other family members there. It was a great meeting!!

This is Kim and Kassidy with her best friend Hannah and her mother.

After church there was an awesome luncheon at the church! Kim completely out did herself. All of the extended family was there and it was so fun seeing all of Tanner's aunts and uncles and cousins!







After we all got back to the house we all received blessings. Some for "back to school", some for comfort.... It was wonderful. That night I went out to look at the stars- SO many stars! And thought how powerful our Creator is and how I too am creating life right now. Therefore I TOO am powerful. I can do this! It was an incredible weekend.


We sure do love our Kassidy! She example is invaluable and her willingness to serve is inspiring. Her faith and testimony have touched all those around her. I know the Lord continues to have big plans for her. She is such a beautiful, dynamic daughter of God and I am to thankful to be her sister.

Comments