Sick Girl

I felt so terrible. Worst Mother of the Year Award Winner- right here. The baby had been fighting a fever for about a week. I thought she was just teething! She was definitely NOT herself. She was lethargic and fussy. Clingy and wouldn't eat. She would get a fever and with Tylenol it would go down. By the end of the week it was spiking and I realized this was not just teething. I was at Seaworld with Angeluis and the baby was burning up. We didn't have any Tylenol with us so I took the kids back to the condo and put the baby down for a nap. I called Tanner and Andrea. We watched her the rest of the day but the fever went down. But the next day, Friday, she was getting worse and I finally put 2 and 2 together. She had a UTI. It made perfect sense. She had been in a wet swimmer diaper almost every single day for hours! Poor baby!!! We rushed her to the Quick Care and got her urine tested as quickly as possible. Although they were extremely busy and so super slow, we were patient. We got a bag taped to her bottom to catch her urine and after a few failed attempts were able to get enough to test. She was miserable. I felt sooooooooo bad. Of course we were right, she did have a UTI and we got her started on antibiotics right away. 






Comments